Need a cd player for dad's car (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Hey guys
I need a cd player for my dad's car which currently umm doesn't have one :(
I'm tossing up between pioneer and sony. Which subs would be good as well? um my sound system is shit on my dad's car so I might as well do that as well. Gonna buy it at strathfield um I guess I should get them to install it for me as well? How much does an installation cost?

Pace_T

HSC
installation like <$100, but it depends on the car, they base the price on how long they think it'd take.
u'll need a box for the sub as well - ~$100
cabling is around 70 at strathfield i think.
for a decent midsize sub and amp, i suggest something like a 12" 400w sub with a suitable amp. all up for a decent system, thats the best value for money, ur looking at around $700. with anything less than that, it isn't worth changing the current system, assuming its not total crap
thats my 2c

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
dont get strathfield to do it.
your dad does not need subs.
sony make rubbish car audio products.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
oi i've got an idea
buy ur own car tightass.
an stop bludging off ur parents? does that sound good?

cl3nta

HSC
no budget...

go to http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/
and do some learning. You can automatically save $100 if you learn how to put the headunit in for yourself. As for the sub you need a monoblock amp to power it. By the sounds of it, you really have no clue what you're doing so please don't touch any electrical component of ANY car until you're a bit more savvy on what you're doing. Till then, happy reading...

ps. Strathfield.... Maybe try FHRX Studios or something similar and if you go there tell them "Wisdom" recommended you :p haha.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Pah to CD players.

Buy an itrip and just use the radio. It's infinitely better. All of your CDs in one teeny little box. Win!
This reminds me that I have to rebuild the shelf and hook up the back speakers in my lunchbox car sometime this holidays. Or get my brother/dad to do it. Whatever.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
scarybunny said:
Pah to CD players.

Buy an itrip and just use the radio. It's infinitely better. All of your CDs in one teeny little box. Win!
This reminds me that I have to rebuild the shelf and hook up the back speakers in my lunchbox car sometime this holidays. Or get my brother/dad to do it. Whatever.
quality is shithouse though.

Pace_T

HSC
yeah its laughable unless the volume is soooooo low which is how girls like their music when they drive :/

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Pace_T said:
yeah its laughable unless the volume is soooooo low which is how girls like their music when they drive :/
Perhaps because my penis size is not determined by the volume of my music?

I just find an itrip more convenient. It means I don't have to leave a dozen CDs in my car, and I can just take my ipod from my car to the train or gym or whatever. My car's pretty old and I park it at Cabra so I'm not going to leave my CD collection in it to get stolen. I wouldn't fit my car out with super high quality audio system for the same reason. Plus my car's so small I'd have no where to store it. Subwoofer in my lunchbox, bro.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Have you got a cassette player?
Because you can buy a tape deck that has a 3.5mm headphone jack (for like 20 bucks) that will do the same thing for way better quality.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
oh well, it's down to pioneer or alpine. I heard alpine headsets are really good. um yeah I think I'll ditch the sub for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)