Need advice on my double degree! (1 Viewer)

emmahlee

HSC
I am planning on studying a bachelor of Criminology at ANU.
However, I also have an interest two other degrees, a bachelor of Arts ( majoring in psychology) or a bachelor of international security. I am having a tough time trying to decide.
What would have better career prospects? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!:tongue:

Last edited:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Forget about career prospects. Which area of study do you find more interesting?

emmahlee

HSC
Forget about career prospects. Which area of study do you find more interesting?
Well I have been interested in psychology for longer ( because I studied it in high school) , but when i saw the international security degree, I was just as interested! So I kinda am looking into the future to help me make my decision.
I am definitely doing criminology and not sure on which combination would make me more employable?

Thank you for you help ! :)

Last edited:

emmahlee

HSC
Has anyone else got anything to help me decide? Am I better off just doing one degree? Or is a combination with another degree better?

Kolmias

HSC
I would recommend you do psychology as it seems to be the field which you have the most interest in. Be warned though: if you wish to get qualified as a clinical psychologist, you will have to do a further two years of study to attain a Master's degree.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Has anyone else got anything to help me decide? Am I better off just doing one degree? Or is a combination with another degree better?
start with 2 and if you don't feel comfortable then drop one

CTon

HSC
I am planning on studying a bachelor of Criminology at ANU.
However, I also have an interest two other degrees, a bachelor of Arts ( majoring in psychology) or a bachelor of international security. I am having a tough time trying to decide.
What would have better career prospects? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!:tongue:
It depends on what you want to do really. Just do what you want to do ultimately. I mean they don't exactly offer basket weaving at ANU, so there isn't a terrible option to pick.

In terms of degree structure the IS degree offers more electives than most degrees. So it'd be an easier degree to transfer into if the Psychology major in Arts isn't what you liked in the first year - i.e you wouldn't lose any progress and your Psychology units can just become electives of the IS degree component in the double degree. Arts loses a lot of it's flexibility when in the form of a double degree. But in the double degree form in Arts you only need to do a major and a minor and can choose 4 Arts listed electives (aka any course that is listed in an Arts major or minor, which is a lot). However not all of the IS degree courses would be available under an Arts listed major or minor.

Honestly just simply do what you're most interested in. You can transfer/change later if you wish to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)