need advice please (1 Viewer)

nadine06

HSC
im in yr 11 and doing eng adv SOR 1 unit biology chemistry modern history and accelerated 2unit maths (so i sit the 2 unit paper in 10 days joyy)

i dont know if i should do 4 u or stick to 3 u. i havent started 3u work yet so im unsure i find the 2u concepts easy and the questions ok.

im also a bit scared cause the other people in my class have done the 3u and 4u work in out of school tutor places so im scared that ill be behind them.

i think im ranked 3rd or 4th out of about 60

what should i do 4u or 3u?

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
If you've already read all the other advice thread and still can't decide, just do it. You can always drop anyway if you don't like it. :p

SeDaTeD

HSC
Imagine how the 56 or 57 people below you must be thinking if you doubt whether you can do 4 unit :p. If you can beat them without tutoring then what's to stop you from beating them again, as long as you work hard enough.

nadine06

HSC
but will my other subjects suffur cause i focus on 4 u or can i spread time out evenly

vafa

HSC
N/A
Do 4 unit if you really in love with maths and then you do not need to worry about your mark in the subject.

but do not do 4 unit if you are just good in maths and you look at maths like all other subjects.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
You should ask yourself that, really :p

EDIT: I was replying to nadine06. Slow dialup connection <.< :p

nadine06

HSC
dont want to ask myself cause im scared to think and answer it lol (if that makes sense)

vafa

HSC
N/A
All I was trying to say was that if you love maths and doing 4 unit, then you do not think about hard work or you do not worry about your marks, you just like it and so will get a good mark eventually. but if you are looking at maths like other subjects, when it gets a bit tough, then you will be disappointed and ....

ofcourse that is my personal perspective and you may think differently.

nadine06

HSC
i like maths thats why i committed myself to accelerated this year and i guess i was like this before did accelerated and now i dont regret it and am happy i went through with it. that being said maybe i should do 4u or at least try it

nadine06

HSC
i like maths thats why i committed myself to accelerated this year and i guess i was like this before did accelerated and now i dont regret it and am happy i went through with it. that being said maybe i should do 4u or at least try it

Affinity

HSC
One can learn maths without appealing to authority such as teachers and tutors.. you have textbooks and your brain.

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
despite the name '4unit' which sounds difficult i still find it alot easier than subjects like physics... and less stressful than english cos theres nothing u have to remember, you just have to exercise your brain into knowing the concept and doing questions

Julz_012

HSC
I agree with airie. If u've got the units and you enjoy maths, give it go, u can always drop it if u change your mind. on the other hand, if u dont try it and change your mind, its alot harder to pick it up later, if that makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)