Need advice regarding selection of 300 level finance units (1 Viewer)

peter2

Banned
HSC
Hi guys,

I am in a dilemma regarding on what to do in regards to my degree. I will try and quickly give a quick analysis of my problem. I am doing an Applied Finance/Law degree so have absolutely no elective choices. I was planning on doing ECON335, ECON360, LAW209, ACST201 in 2nd semester. I really, however, want to do the unit ECON350: Money and Finance but the problem is that the unit is only offered in the 1st semester. The subject really appeals to me and I feel would give me a valuable insight. But the dilemma is that next year 1st semester I have to undertake 2 law units, ACCG329 and FIN310 so I cant fit ECON350 in at all!

Just want to know what do you guys reckon. Is the subject ECON350 really worth mucking my whole structure of my degree or is ECON335: Economics of Financial Institutions a good supplementary unit to ECON350. Of course, if I choose ECON335, it would fit perfectly into my proposed undertaking of units each semester but I just feel I am missing something big in regards to the whole finance world if I miss ECON350. Any advice would be great.

Cheers
Peter

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Basically from what I've gathered:

ECON335, ECON350 and ECON360 are all relatively easy subjects. They are in ascending difficulty though.

The best ones to do are ECON335 and ECON360 because in ECON350, your major assignment requires you to get your assignment published in a media article (website, editorial, letter to the editor, a magazine or a newspaper, talk back radio etc.) and that is something I am not bothered with at university by my free will and costly time.

But if you're bothered, do whatever.

peter2

Banned
HSC
I see. Thanks for that info. Anyone else got any advice for me?

Thanks all

atreus

HSC
Basically from what I've gathered:

ECON335, ECON350 and ECON360 are all relatively easy subjects. They are in ascending difficulty though.

The best ones to do are ECON335 and ECON360 because in ECON350, your major assignment requires you to get your assignment published in a media article (website, editorial, letter to the editor, a magazine or a newspaper, talk back radio etc.) and that is something I am not bothered with at university by my free will and costly time.

But if you're bothered, do whatever.
Looks like Turnell is taking on ECON350, which means a similar assessment structure to ECON335 of an in-class essay (30-40%) and a final exam (60-70%).
I have heard the same thing about the difficulty of the 3 subjects.
Peter2, note that if you want RG146 compliance you need to do ECON335.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)