Need Advice!! (1 Viewer)

ellie44

HSC
I went to this maths workshop yesterday, and the maths teacher who got a uai of 90+ said for me to actually drop general maths not because I'm doing bad or anything, its just because I'm doing better in all the other subjects and maths is my lowest mark so far. I'm doing 13 units right now, and at the moment my ranking for general maths is 16/81. There are only two students in year 12 who have dropped maths, so the rest of the year is basically doing it. I feel like a part of me will be missing if i drop maths, because I've had it all my life. But on the other hand, whats the point on wasting all that time where i could be working to achieve higher results in my other subjects? I really need some good advice, it would be greatly appreciated *sigh*... :worried:

me121

Premium Member
HSC
If you need maths for further education then you should prob keep it.

If you don't then consider dropping it. There is nothing special about maths, many people don't do it. If you are doing worse in maths, and you think that will continue, then drop it. That's my advice.

doink

Clone
HSC
There is no course that has req knowledge below 2u maths, unless you are getting 95%+ in gen maths drop it, especially if you are doing 13 units and if its your lowest it wont count anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)