Need For Speed: Carbon (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The latest Need for Speed may not have been officially announced as of yet, but with the series success over the years you can expect Need for Speed: Carbon to continue this heritage later in the year when the series makes its debut on the Playstation 3 and Wii. Game Informer have recently suggested a cross between the Underground and Most Wanted titles. Retaining the police chase sequences, albeit not as predominantly, from Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon also introduces the tuning/modding setup from the Underground series, to create a combination that EA hopes will prove irresistible to those who make Need for Speed one of the hottest titles around during the Christmas period.

Need for Speed: Carbon promises to mix the gameplay up a little, with a new structure that's based around winning territories on the map. With three different maps each harbouring seven different territories, gaining control via a racing duel opens up bonuses to the player such as cheaper parts. Drift racing once again returns alongside the introduction of Canyon racing, where races take place in increasingly narrow circuits alongside mountain edges. The action promises to be more visceral then previous titles, with early information hinting at teams that will help the player by ramming opponents off the road or providing the opportunity to gain a drift bonus. Game Informer also suggests that Carbon will offer between 50 and 100 different vehicles, including those from Porsche.
Seems to be a mix between Underground and Most Wanted. Apparently Cross from Most Wanted is back. This game is going to be awesome!

List of cars is between 50 - 100 with cars from Porsche. There are shadow images of cars with their headlights on. Speculation on those cars are:
Porsche 911 ( image )
Ford GT ( image )
Porsche Carrera GT ( colour image )
Toyota Supra ( video )
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 330ZX ( image )
Chrysler Neon
Nissan GT-R34
Honda S2000

Challenger
http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=584&s=l

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Carbon

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*snore*

"New structure" ? Thats what they said the last couple of times, and it still feels like a pure car version of GTA.

I hope if they seriously want to include drift, they should fix up how cars actually drift in the game, its fucking awful to see you try and drift only to find being overtaken by someone using the normal brake method around turns.

And the modding? Bah, implement a system like GT, rather than the dodgy 'attach a for SUPA BOOST'

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Btw were you guys disappointed with NFS:MW?

So far, my favourites in the series have been:

NFS:HP, NFS:HS (subtle changes, but a good game nonetheless), NFS:HP2, NFS:U2

(NFS and NFS2SE don't count since... they were great games too- but not my favourites)

Biggest disappointments were:

NFS:porsche Unleashed/Challenge, NFS:MW

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Anything past the hot pursuit titles has really bored me, there isn't that satisfaction of ram raiding cops at 200 km/h in a McLaren F1 Road Car

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i like underground /2

and iam still enjoying MW, so i guess its about perspective, i am not after a racing sim, i am after a fun game driving around cool looking cars, smashing stuff and running from the cops

transcendent

HSC
N/A
my first NSF game was the Porsche demo one but i hardly remember it so technically my first NSF game started with Underground :eek:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Then I hope they continue this trend offering more cars and more races. I'm hoping they'll eventually offer cars from all over the world, old and new into their current system. Juiced concept with Need For Speed handling and saving mechanism.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah i hated it how in mw everything was dumbed down and streamlined, instead of picking custom brand name parts and uber tuning your car, you get to pick "turbo" and adjust "handling" from the pause menu. You also dont need to ever have to actually go to a race, pause menu => garage => pick race instead. The looks and grafics are shit were really dumbed down aswell, not to mention there is no longer a point in making your car look good [ and to think i nearly had a 5star car in underground2] and even if you do, you will just replace it with the next blacklist car, with built in tinted windows and SPINAHS!

p.s ive seen you on bored aussies ;)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
seremify007 said:
Biggest disappointments were:

NFS:porsche Unleashed/Challenge, NFS:MW
Porshe Unleashed is the best game of the NFS series by far!

lengy

HSC
My first Need For Speed game was a demo of Porsche Unleashed. I thought it was brilliant at the time.

Shivorken

HSC
just preordered the collectors edition and the new autoscuplting looks freakin awesome =] can't wait

and yes ... MW was a massive disappointment <.<

lengy

HSC
Need For Speed: Most Wanted was alright, I just missed the replay feature for screenshots and general replay value. I've played the demo of Need For Speed: Carbon on PS2 and didn't like the Canyon Run because the controls seemed too easy, but then I've been playing Need For Speed games since Underground on PC.

Shivorken

HSC
Most Wanted lack features and imo, underground 2 is so far the best (i like how you drift in circuit) and right now, carbon seems to rip them all, though im hoping that drifting wouldn't be too damn easy (ie. unlike the psp ridge racer <.< you can pretty much drift backwards >.<)

lengy

HSC
You don't drift the Canyon Runs, you barely need to slow down. It's that bad. Say on the twisty down hill for Most Wanted, you shift from 4th to 3rd and it pulls sweetly round the corner, the Canyon Run is like the car is on rails. I hope it's not like the demo. I'm getting it for the cars mainly. Check the wiki article for car list. Yeah, I agree that Underground was the best in terms of car choice, modifications and handling as well as the music but it was a bit too rice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)