need help...Ancient History (1 Viewer)

YcantIstudy

HSC
hey guys i got my ancient test on monday

and i really don't know anything about ancient

what should i do?

i was wondering could someone pls help . i need info on the preliminary topic this year in ancient history....

i fink ive done

troy
iceman
bogbodies
Deir el medina
Egypt
Rome
Trojan war?

Last edited by a moderator:

Manda.found

HSC
Bog bodies:
you can just put about hoe they are made and examples....
Tolland man found 1950 in demark and could ahve been killed by the noose aroudn his neck.....there is heaps of information on the internet about him
as well u can talk about how there are debates between scholars about why the bodies ended up in the bog. Example: Professor PV glob believed that many were sacrifices to teh mother goddess of fertiliy goddess. Where as the roman writer Tactius in his desciption of Celtic tribes of Europe prehaps provedes some clues about these violent deaths " a gulity wife is summarily punished by her husbane. He cuts off her hair, strips her naked and in the presence of her kinsmen turns her out of his house and flogs her all through the village." Windeby girl's hair had been closly shaved on one side. She had apparentrly drowned in the bog and pinned there by tree branches and a large stone. she was about 14 years old. Tactus goes on to descibe futher " Traitors and deserters... are hanged on trees, crowards, shikers and sodomites are pressed down under a wicker hurdle into the mud of a bog"

i hope that helps a bit
but we have been told that aslong as we have differeing historical perspectives and talk about evidence and examples to abck up what we are sayin we should be fine.
look on the internet there is alot of information. becuase i couldnt find my book so i got some off the internet.

good luck

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
hey do you go to cecil by any chance? :p
its just my friend is preparing for the same topics for her exam tomorrow lol

Manda.found

HSC
nah.....
but thats funny cause i have my exame tomorrow as well
i go to St marys

LordPc

HSC
If u have the exam tomorrow and you know nothing, then your quite simply screwed. I'd like to know what you did all year but i do feel that the answer would not help your situation in any way.

Just get out the textbook and read over the corresponding chapters or sections. Do a few questions, especially if they relate to sources then re-read over the chapters again.

With a lot of good luck you might be able to pull something half decent out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)