need help asap with this q (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Just wanted to confirm that Yeaidk's answer is correct. :)
Hey @jimmysmith560 isn't it asking for the ethanol content in the vodka and since we know that 40% of the volume is ethanol, shouldn't the moles be divided by the 40% of the aliquot value to give 18.2M? I believe @Yeaidk found the concentration of vodka and not the ethanol as demanded by the question - correct me if I am wrong...

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey @jimmysmith560 isn't it asking for the ethanol content in the vodka and since we know that 40% of the volume is ethanol, shouldn't the moles be divided by the 40% of the aliquot value to give 18.2M? I believe @Yeaidk found the concentration of vodka and not the ethanol as demanded by the question - correct me if I am wrong...
A very interesting observation. I am not an expert in Chemistry by any means but I did notice that Yeaidk wrote "vodka" at the end instead of "ethanol". However, I also recall reading the following from a source that provided a solution to a very similar question involving Grey Goose Vodka:

"We know that there is 7.288 mol of ethanol in 1 L (1000 mL) of vodka."

This is obviously the same as saying 7.288 mol/L.

Perhaps someone else could provide a more in-depth explanation that extends to specifying the correct answer.

Akshara Patil

HSC
oh ok - this was part (b) of the same question. I am honestly quite confused as to what to discuss for this part?1647056753017.png

Yeaidk

HSC
Oh yea i did it wrong sorry I didn’t read the question properly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)