Need help figuring out post-graduate Med pathway (1 Viewer)

icycledough

HSC
nah ur right, for MQ it's just assumed
but usyd and unsw it's a requisite im sure
I don't think chemistry is a pre-requisite for most Australian universities, as far as I'm aware. Definitely haven't heard of that for UNSW.

akhan324

HSC
You do have a few options;

Macquarie has a post grad medicine pathway, where you do a clinical sciences course for 2 or 3 years, of which the last year consists of GAMSAT preparation, so may better align with your intended pathway.

With regards to reserving medicine spots, ANU has a postgrad pathway, where you do a medical science degree for 2 years (in a cohort of 60) and then 30 students are selected for a 4 year post-graduate medicine degree (of which 10 seats are reserved for rural or Indigenous students; I'm not sure which out of the 2). But the disadvantage would be having to move out for 2 years.
wait seriously MQ has a whole yr of gamsat prep?
also out of all the unis is UTS like one of the more understanding ones (care about their students type of uni) that’s what’s i’ve heard, just wanna know if it’s true

icycledough

HSC
wait seriously MQ has a whole yr of gamsat prep?
also out of all the unis is UTS like one of the more understanding ones (care about their students type of uni) that’s what’s i’ve heard, just wanna know if it’s true
I don't think it's a whole year dedicated to it (as they have to balance the current curriculum, but I believe they integrate it as part of the last year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)