Need help for AOS Question 3 (1 Viewer)

need2studi

HSC
When i did an essay in preparation for the trials i got marked down because after using our set text (Peter skrzynecki) I also used two other poems/lyrics ( Robert Frost- The Road Not Taken and Willie Nelson's- On the road again). Because in the rubric it says "Analyse, explain and assess the ways the journey is represented in a variety of texts" Does this variety mean different actual texts. Eg. Visual, prose, poetry? Just wondering if i have to get a different text and if anyone else is doing different types of texts.

BigBear_25

HSC
Yes you are right variety does mean different text types. So if you are doing Skryznecki then it is advisable not to use poetry again as a stimulus text or as a related text. Also when it says assess the ways the journey is represented it is also looking for different forms and features rather than just one. Try using a novel, cartoon, movie or something else. Personally I do Skryzencki and i am using the Inory Trail book cover from the stimulis booklet and The Hobbit as a related text in this way I'm covering a variety of texts.

Here is a thread which may help you http://community.boredofstudies.org/314/focus-physical-journeys/25471/supplementary-texts-physical.html

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)