need help for case study (1 Viewer)

azsta25

HSC
ey
i have a case study to complete on a businesses information system
i am having trouble with emerging need and don't really know how to go about and answer anything for it
any help would be very appreciated
thanx

Kat92

HSC
ey
i have a case study to complete on a businesses information system
i am having trouble with emerging need and don't really know how to go about and answer anything for it
any help would be very appreciated
thanx
There are some past case study examples underneath the resources section on this site. Also check out ARC as it also has some examples. :D (You may want to look under the Design and Tech section for this information) -- as I don't think there is previous information in the IPT section.

azsta25

HSC
There are some past case study examples underneath the resources section on this site. Also check out ARC as it also has some examples. :D (You may want to look under the Design and Tech section for this information) -- as I don't think there is previous information in the IPT section.
thanx for the tip, but i am having some trouble finding the past examples i found one on maca's but that wasnt helpful and also what is the ARC?

Kat92

HSC
thanx for the tip, but i am having some trouble finding the past examples i found one on maca's but that wasnt helpful and also what is the ARC?
Assessment Resource Centre; its produced by the Board of Studies. ARC has examples for various band descriptors: ARC :: Standards Packages.

*NB: Just curious, you are not tyring to refer to "emerging technologies" at all are you ? As there is plenty that you could talk about in regards to a business IS.* I have also completed IPT as well as D&T last year so I may be able to give you some suggestions if this is what is required of you.

Last edited:

azsta25

HSC
Assessment Resource Centre; its produced by the Board of Studies. ARC has examples for various band descriptors: ARC :: Standards Packages.

*NB: Just curious, you are not tyring to refer to "emerging technologies" at all are you ? As there is plenty that you could talk about in regards to a business IS.* I have also completed IPT as well as D&T last year so I may be able to give you some suggestions if this is what is required of you.
well i have this case study to do on a businesses information system, i have done like the social and ethical issues, the purpose, environment, participants so forth but i have to include information about the emerging needs that impact the IS and i am struggling to do so. If you would have any notes that you could send me that would be great coz i am low on pages :(

btw I am also doing dnt now, what u do for ur MDP

Kat92

HSC
well i have this case study to do on a businesses information system, i have done like the social and ethical issues, the purpose, environment, participants so forth but i have to include information about the emerging needs that impact the IS and i am struggling to do so. If you would have any notes that you could send me that would be great coz i am low on pages :(

btw I am also doing dnt now, what u do for ur MDP

Oh ok, I understand better what you are asked to do now. Perhaps consider in terms of whether the business IS was to become electronic what impacts/ implications would this have upon needs for the participants of the IS. Also, if an Executive Information System (EIS) was to be implemented. The EIS is designed for the information needs of senior managers and provides information on strategic issues, using data from the share
market, commodity prices, interest rates and other economic indicators.

Unfortunately, I don't have any notes on this as it was slightly changed in the syllabus outcomes. Perhaps try looking on Board of Studies to find some resources or in your class textbook.

For my MDP, I ended up creating a interactive learning program through a LMS (Learning Managment System).

azsta25

HSC
Oh ok, I understand better what you are asked to do now. Perhaps consider in terms of whether the business IS was to become electronic what impacts/ implications would this have upon needs for the participants of the IS. Also, if an Executive Information System (EIS) was to be implemented. The EIS is designed for the information needs of senior managers and provides information on strategic issues, using data from the share
market, commodity prices, interest rates and other economic indicators.

Unfortunately, I don't have any notes on this as it was slightly changed in the syllabus outcomes. Perhaps try looking on Board of Studies to find some resources or in your class textbook.

For my MDP, I ended up creating a interactive learning program through a LMS (Learning Managment System).

oh kl kl sound interesting
um do you remember having a similar ipt project about a businesses information system?

Kat92

HSC
oh kl kl sound interesting
um do you remember having a similar ipt project about a businesses information system?
Yeah, it was something to do with on-line businesses. If I recall correctly I had to do Sanity and Wishlist.com. I may have actually done it in Yr 11 IPT as I don't recall a project like that for Yr 12. As mostly for Yr 12, our class completed theory exercises. :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)