Need Help Now!!!!!! Plzzz (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
For people doing 'communication' as their option...please help me on the dot point "plan,choose equipment or resources and perform a first-hand investigation of a mammalian eye to gather first-hand data to realte structures to functions...

man i cant find anything..plus i didnt do it ast school and theres nothing in forums and notes supplied on this website

thxxx

anyhelp will be apprecaited

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
1. perform a dissection of a mammalian eye, from an animal such as a sheep or cow.
2. Draw a diagram to show the various structures you observe.

3. structures identified and their uses:

* Conjunctiva – mucous membrane that protects the surface of the eye.
* Cornea – transparent front of the eye. It absorbs light and focuses it to prevent scattering.
* Sclera – surrounds the eye and makes up the rest of the outer layer, it protects the eye.
* Choroid – A dark pigmented layer inside the sclera that contains many blood vessels that nourish the eye.
* Retina – inner layer of the eye that contains the photoreceptors which detect light (rods and cones) as well as the fovea and blind spot.
* Iris – a pigmented tissue that contains two sets of muscles which adjust the opening of the pupil. This therefore controls the amount of light that gets through the pupil and into the eye.
* Lens – a transparent protein disc. Focuses light on the retina.
* Aqueous Humor – watery liquid between the cornea and the lens. Maintains eye pressure and transmits light.
* Vitreous humor – jelly like substance that fills the area around the retina. Refracts light and gives eyeball shape.
* Ciliary Body – connects the choroid with the lens and contains the ciliary muscles and suspensory ligaments that hold the lens in position.
* Optic Nerve – connects the eye and the visual cortex of the brain and transmits the messages detected by the rods and cones.

hope this helps! goodluck ppl.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)