Need help on astrophysics (1 Viewer)

jokesjokes

HSC
i got a physics assesement coming up this week, and im kinda running low on info for the following dot points..any input apreciated

*discuss galileo's use of the telscope to identify features of the moon
( got some info from jacaranda and excel , but it aint enuff)

*discuss why some wavebands can be more easily detected from space
( i assume they are talking about how UV and IR are detected from above the atmosphere, right? :confused:

thx!

kini mini

HSC
Hi jokesjokes

I didn't do astrophysics but I can answer the second one. The Earth's atmosphere absorbs certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation more than others, a diagram of the absorbance pattern is available in Jacaranda I believe. A 2002 HSC question was based on this point too :). So space based radio telescopes can examine frequencies that the Earth based ones cannot do as easily.

jokesjokes

HSC
yup yup, thx for the input :)

and yah, we havent started the option topic yet, its just some stpid assesment..

CHU1080

astro is so queer. i thought einstien was gay geees. back to the question i think i dont know. anyone know any good books except excel. like everyone has excel and its shit anyway

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by CHU1080
anyone know any good books except excel. like everyone has excel and its shit anyway
a good idea would be to have a few books so u can refer to all of them, epecially when making notes for the dotpoints. books like:
*contexts
*forces of life
*mcmillian
*jacaranda
*and of course excel!

one or two books may be week but together they r the strongest:p :p

side note: check out the buy sell section if interested in buying:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)