Need HELP PLZ (MY FUTURE) (1 Viewer)

IC3

HSC
Hi, dunno if this is in the right section or what..

But.. I'm a dumbass when it comes to MATHS.
I'm doing 2units right now and I'm thinking of dropping to general.

The thing is, I wanna do some courses in uni, that relates to I.T, I.P.T anything computer related.

I'm just wondering with the level of general maths (I know i'll ace the General maths exams) can I still get into computer related courses?

I heard minimum of maths in computer related courses are like 2-3units =/

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME MY FUTURE IS IN NEED
IM DIEINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Just do a bridging course at uni if u want to get into IT so bad. :)

IC3

HSC
If I do a bridging course in uni.
Will that course have the same stuff I'm learning in 2UNITS now?
Or are they totally different?

sinistah

procrastinator =D
HSC
i think in the bridging courses...they teach u the math that will only be relevant at a uni level....but im not quite sure on that...

maybe someone else can confirm for u =]

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
minnn2 said:
Only crazy asian freaks who take 4 unit maths in year 11 would say such nonsense. I forgot to mention the fetish with killing poor rabbits with a shotgun that would make them mince.

:GLARE:

<3
Excuse me, i shoot rifles not shot guns, u cant mince rabbits with a shot gun. Atleast I dont have a fetish for guys in the library *wink*

<333

IC3

HSC
HEY!!
LETS NOT GO OFF TOPIC!!
THIS IS MY FKIN FUTURE!!!!!!

even though I don't have any EDUCATIONAL PLANS ON WHAT I"M GONNA DO OR TURN OUT TO BE.

BUT IM HEADING DOWN THE ROAD TO BE A DANCER.
I don't think I can make a living out of that, cuz australias international level of hip hop dance culture is fkin SO LOWWWWWWW
if you're teh best in aus and you go to the US, ur like SHIT!!

SO PEOPLE PLZ STFU DONT GO OFF TOPIC AND ANSWER MY QUESTION
PLZ

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You will do fine in IT with just General Math. There is some math in some IT subjects so in that case - dont choose those subjects. So far the people i've spoken to about math in IT have all said that the only math they do is + - / x...if you're not capable of that then i suggest you drop out. :) Also have a look at the uni site you want to get into, and read what it says about the IT courses. They will tell you about, which subjects will involve math.

Don't worry about it for now! Just focus, get into uni and if you have trouble with the math in your course then do a bridging course.

Oh and i suggest you start a new thread with the title "Can i do IT if i do General math" and make sure you post the thread in the IT Faculty....the guys there are quite helpful and knowledgeble.:)

undalay

HSC
What are you getting in 2u?

I would think that math would be very useful in the IT industry...

IC3

HSC
^I'm currently failing 2units, im so behind in class, theres no way I can encourage myself to catch up and I don't really want to, its so confusing, and i dont have time.
I've already failed my half yearlies....
I don't wanna fail again
I ALWAYS FAIL MATHS
even in previous years =/

---------------------------------
tanjin said:
Oh and i suggest you start a new thread with the title "Can i do IT if i do General math" and make sure you post the thread in the IT Faculty....the guys there are quite helpful and knowledgeble.:)
cool thanks ALOT!!

cs01001

HSC
Don't worry, I don't think Maths is a preeq for IT courses anyway, go check with the careers dude. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
cs01001 said:
Don't worry, I don't think Maths is a preeq for IT courses anyway, go check with the careers dude. :)
It is, assumed knowledge is 2 unit adv math and recommended studies is ext 1 math. However like i said, you ask the IT people and they'll tell you there's pretty much no math besides the basic crap. If math is such a problem, DO NOT CHOOSE THE IT SUBJECT THAT INVOLVES MATH!

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: Re: Need HELP PLZ (MY FUTURE)

minnn2 said:
Only crazy asian freaks who take 4 unit maths in year 11 would say such nonsense.
<3
Asian freaks ? You should not steotype 4 unit is for "ASIANS ONLY" , actually it depends how hard you work in maths and how much time you spend on practising it !What about our maths teachers who did 4 units during high school?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Re: 回覆: Re: Need HELP PLZ (MY FUTURE)

Yes. Do a bridging course. Become a worker in IT industry. Just don't fking ring me up during dinner pushing shit on me.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: Need HELP PLZ (MY FUTURE)

HKHSCstudent said:
Asian freaks ? You should not steotype 4 unit is for "ASIANS ONLY" , actually it depends how hard you work in maths and how much time you spend on practising it !What about our maths teachers who did 4 units during high school?
lol, its just personal jokes and to IC3, if you want to see what is really required go to your career advisor and pick up a undergrate uni booklet and look for the right IT course. They will have prequisites and assumed knowldge listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)