Need help to analyse a poem (1 Viewer)

taffyroll

HSC
Can someone please help me to analyse this poem?

Twisted Spaces

After fighting my way through the atmospherical genocides
and the catacombs of time's twister laughter
Have I found a divine taste of wine
that for so long so many have sought after
A taste, though sweeter with age
surely wouldn't sweeten in it's eternity
Yet so pure is the cure, bittersweet
infinitely... indefinitely... internally.

Cherish that chariot brought forth
whether blessing or plague
In you, bestowed many lives
a realization so so vague
You are to me as water is to life
Emotio, Spiritia, Sexua, Meta... physically...
you are to all, to one another
Though yet, still, happiness... as well as misery
Yes... you are...Memory

Copyright ©2008 Romalice L. White
Poetry.com

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
taffyroll said:
Can someone please help me to analyse this poem?

Twisted Spaces

After fighting my way through the atmospherical genocides
and the catacombs of time's twister laughter
Have I found a divine taste of wine
that for so long so many have sought after
A taste, though sweeter with age
surely wouldn't sweeten in it's eternity
Yet so pure is the cure, bittersweet
infinitely... indefinitely... internally.

Cherish that chariot brought forth
whether blessing or plague
In you, bestowed many lives
a realization so so vague
You are to me as water is to life
Emotio, Spiritia, Sexua, Meta... physically...
you are to all, to one another
Though yet, still, happiness... as well as misery
Yes... you are...Memory

Copyright ©2008 Romalice L. White
Poetry.com

Thanks in advance!
Wow, what an amazing poem.

The first stanza is about how the poet has overcome and pushed through both the good times and the bad and the fact that their love for that someone special becomes better as they spend more time with them.

The second stanza emphasises that it doesn't matter what has happened to the pair of lovers through time, the "blessings" and the "plagues," the poet will be connected to their lover in every possible way. And finally the poet reveals it is their good and bad memories of their love that will transcend time and stay with them forever.

The techniques used are juxtaposition, extended metaphor, repetition, assonance, alliteration, ellipsis, listing, taste imagery, rhythm, stanzas, commas, full stops, rhyme, changes in pace, adjectives, adverbs, analogy, comparative adjectives, first person narraton, second person narration, allusion and probably heaps more but that's all I can think of for now. Obviously you will have to explain the effect on the repsonder of the above techniques. If you can't work out where I found the technique just send me a message; I'm on this addictive site nearly every day.

Hope that helps. And oh, as long as you can give evidence effectively, your opinion is almost always correct.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Commas and fullstops are techniques now? I thought they fell under changes in pace. :confused: :uhoh:

Edit: Great analysis though. I'm impressed at how much you gleaned from that poem in that amount of time.

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
Wow, what an amazing poem.

The first stanza is about how the poet has overcome and pushed through both the good times and the bad and the fact that their love for that someone special becomes better as they spend more time with them.

The second stanza emphasises that it doesn't matter what has happened to the pair of lovers through time, the "blessings" and the "plagues," the poet will be connected to their lover in every possible way. And finally the poet reveals it is their good and bad memories of their love that will transcend time and stay with them forever.

The techniques used are juxtaposition, extended metaphor, repetition, assonance, alliteration, ellipsis, listing, taste imagery, rhythm, stanzas, commas, full stops, rhyme, changes in pace, adjectives, adverbs, analogy, comparative adjectives, first person narraton, second person narration, allusion and probably heaps more but that's all I can think of for now. Obviously you will have to explain the effect on the repsonder of the above techniques. If you can't work out where I found the technique just send me a message; I'm on this addictive site nearly every day.

Hope that helps. And oh, as long as you can give evidence effectively, your opinion is almost always correct.
Good analysis bored of sc :). But I don't think commas and fullstops are techniques...correct me if wrong ;).

backrowcentre

HSC
Truncating sentences is a technique. It's basically using short sentences, so obviously full stops are used regularly. I don't think it's the case for this poem though.

bored of sc

HSC
Aerath said:
Commas and fullstops are techniques now? I thought they fell under changes in pace. :confused: :uhoh:

Edit: Great analysis though. I'm impressed at how much you gleaned from that poem in that amount of time.
I'm pretty sure all punctuation fall under the catergory of techniques because a technique is defined as a device a composer uses to create meaning in a text. I kind of think commas and full stops are techniques as they help create pace in a text. But yeah, I am probably just crazy Cause our teacher once said an exclaimation mark was so I guess commas, full stops would be.

Haha, I'm on crack!

taffyroll

HSC
ZOMGG -bored of sc- thank you sooooooooo much...
I was like reading the poem over and over again trying to decode it aiiyahhh so smart!!!
Ummm... now I need help with the poetic techniques used the title and the structure of it and how they fit its purpose.... hmm... I'M REALLY bad with poems, so if u have time, please help!!

taffyroll

HSC
Ohh yes I think I should try to analyse it myself from now then I guess... ^^

It's a speech, so once I'm finished with it and I'm not sure about something I'll ask about it... or post it up or something...

Thanks for everyone's help!!!

I feel like I've just been told off by the teacher :eek: :shy: :(

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The poem is a reflective and reminiscent text focusing on the life of the poet. The first stanza focuses on the many: trials, tribulations and triumphs that the narrator has faced during the course of his life. Though he had some hard times in the past, he would not change those experiences for anything. As he says, "Surely wouldn't sweeten in it's eternity." Experiences, good and bad, have shaped him into the person who he is today, and he would not change that for anything, because every experience has taught him something valuable. The line. "A taste, though sweeter with age," suggests that, although the narrator did not see the significant of his experiences when they happened, but years later, after reflecting upon them, in old age, every experience is a treasure and a gift. The final lines, " Yet so pure is the cure, bittersweet
infinitely... indefinitely... internally,"
emphasise the fact that the past can not be changed because it is so pure. It will infinitely, indefinitely and internally be the truth, and nothing can ever change that. The line, "Have I found a divine taste of wine," uses the word 'wine' as a metaphor of life. Through his experiences he has witnessed 'life'.

Well, I'm only bothered to do one stanza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)