~Need Help URGENTLY~ (1 Viewer)

psychopath

HSC
hey guys can any one tell me if their is a required time that teachers have to tell you when there is an assesment os we have our Assesment on the 24th of march, and our teacher told us yesterday... he also hasn't even told us what's gonna be in it cos he's making the test and he's saying and i quote "i havn't finished making the test but i think all on chapter 1 and 2 will be in it" he aint even telling us wats gonna be in it and he expects us to learn everything... the prob is we havn't even finished chapter 2........... so i need help, what should i do????? can i complain????

Kn1ght_M4r3

well usually for assessments its 2 weeks.

but hey wen i was in IT the stoopid teacher gave me less then 4 dayz notice, maybe its coz its IT they dont care =/ i dunn0 but that was constantly the case with our teacher.

but yeah i still think its 2 weeks notice for an assessment =) i remember my maths teacher following it. So id say speak to ur year advisor or something and find out =)

Winston

HSC
this is a computing subject you're talking about, approx 60% of computing teachers know shit all and aren't qualified, with a exception of a few from my school, and also our trusty teacher on BOS Andrew, and he has to, and i mean has to formally provide you with an assessment sheet and provide a 2 week prior notice, if not you can file a complaint to your co-ordinator or deputy principle, or the principle. Just a word of advice, this happens a lot in IT, no kidding... then they go on about "it's your responsibilty to blah blah blah", it happened to me i got so ape shit i mean first of all it's not like i didn't want to study that topic, but they just threw it in exam regardless if we learnt it, i mean come on at least tell us to read a chapter or something. Oh and btw we did not have textbooks.

psychopath

HSC
see the prob is my year advisor IS my IT teacher... thas so damn crap:S

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by psychopath
see the prob is my year advisor IS my IT teacher... thas so damn crap:S
see your principal then.

Winston

HSC
One more thing is, on the safe side post in the forum about the UAI/HSC stuff, and ask for a link to a Board document that states a prior notice of 2 weeks, print it out or whatever, and bring it in as well, and cut them hard :D

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
My advice to you is that you don't go for the jugular.
The requirements are that they must give you 2 weeks notice.

I get my students to sign a document that states the date of the assessment and the date that the assessment notice was given. This way Im covered if a student says "You didn't give us two weeks notice"

It applies to every assessment in every year. I do it from year 9 onwards.

My advice to you is that you would have an assessment policy which "SHOULD" have been handed to you at the start of the year outlining the guidelines for your assessment. This will have in it something about the 2 weeks notice. It will also have an outline of the assessment tasks that you are going to participate in for IT.

Dont go up to the teacher and be a smart arse about it that will put them on the back foot and you could make it worse for yourself. If they are not willing to negotiate then talk to the head teacher of that subject. Do not start making accusations you could end up worse off.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)