need help with an image (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Does anybody (perhaps someone with experience in photoshop) think the following picture could have been digitally manipulated (e.g. based on content, colours, textures and shadows)? I'm especially interested in possible discrepancies between the top and bottom halves of the skeleton.

http://museums.ncl.ac.uk/flint/images/skeleton.jpg

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If there are touchups, it seems fairly minor, exposure/alpha levels etc.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
John Oliver said:
Given the angle of the photo I'd say the discrepancy is down to lighting. The problem is that the image you've linked is a small, very lossy one, so it's hard to detect digital manipulation with such data. If you had access to an original or something larger, then a more thorough analysis could be performed.

At this level what you're looking for is exact replicas, similar noise or grain or incredibly similar elements of the image.

The image at the moment just looks like it's lit unevenly from the side. The shadowing doesn't strike me as obviously fraudulent, so there's really nothing much to be drawn from it.
You sound like a capital bloke, let's have a few quiet ones together some time. And you can bring along the box of ice creams you promised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)