need help with bio (1 Viewer)

byebye33

HSC
i do tutoring for english and maths so im not too worried about those
but im not doing any tutoring for bio atm so im a bit concerned and for my mid years i got 54/70 (most people got between 50-60)
i want to do better

i cant find any good bio tutor around me either and those tutoring centres seem to be way ahead
i asked my friend for tips and she said to memorise the answers in the practice papers
idk if this can help me significantly since trials are just around the corner in august
and i do 4u maths so most of my time is dedicated to maths and adv english so im unsure about time management either
should i just go tutoring now? is it possible to get band 6 in bio without tutoring? any study tips for bio?

Flop21

HSC
What would a bio tutor even do?

B6 is attainable by anyone in bio. Read my guide, it pretty has all my advice for bio in it. http://community.boredofstudies.org/16/biology/344635/my-guide-hsc-biology.html

The videos found on youtube will be a better tutor for you on any concepts you have trouble with than any IRL tutor.

The content in the whole course isn't unlimited, it's a set amount, which might seem like a big chunk of info, but it's definitely possible to get through it. Trust me, I didn't do anything throughout the year for bio until a few weeks before trials.

So start getting through it all now.

band19student

HSC
There's no point getting a bio tutor, there are only a few concepts that would be difficult to grasp, other than that its just exam technique and learning a lot of information

you would be wasting your time and your money hiring a bio tutor

Destan

HSC
Bio is very content heavy (according to some people), so it's a matter of studying everything thoroughly; whilst also keeping a clear mindset. Study hard and hit those high marks.

buckskinbrumby

social misanthrope
HSC
It is content heavy, but so long as you know the core fundamentals then the extra detail is pretty much common sense. You won't get good marks unless you do make sure that you're working out what you're being told, and then applying it (even just in your mind)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)