need help with motivation (1 Viewer)

trist117

HSC
hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for motivating myself for the hsc, because at this point I am really not motivated at all.

Reason is because I have failed my HSC at this point.

my ranks are:
Ancient history 15/30 -> because in trials I didn't see half of the test
11/17 for physics
13/34 for biology
17/20 for english
5/14 for multimedia
18/25 for mathematics
12/14 for extension maths.

the worst part is that I have studied for all of my subjects, but because I have trouble with answering questions(understanding different verbs like describe and identify) I am getting terrible marks.

My school ranks are terrible too.

I really want an ATAR of 85, 80 or 75, but it really isn't looking like I am going to get anywhere close to it even if I do well in the externals.

So because I have failed in ranks, and because I have studied, I feel like there is literally no hope for me in the actual hsc, and I really can't be motivated considering I know that I am going to get a bad ATAR.

Are there any tips you guys can give me to keep motivated? I am really feeling like giving up right now.

Flop21

HSC
How did your major project for multimedia go?? At least that's over now!

I think at this stage you just got to smash it out. We're in the last stretch of the HSC. It's like we are in a sprint, there's no time really to stop and think about our mistakes, you just gotta run as fast as you can.

Once you get to the finish line THEN you can stop and look back at your mistakes and your achievements. Right now though, you just gotta study hard because there's so little time left.

You're ranks are good, definitely not bad.

You just got to work on studying smarter, if you think you're already studying hard.

trist117

HSC
Yeah I am really wishing I sorted this dyslexic problem I had out a year ago. I could have achieved so much more, the guilt and hopelessness is killing me.

Thanks for the guidance Flop, yeah my teacher said that from my major project I am now first(I did a 3D video game) and yeah thank god its over the amount of problems I had... I thought I wasn't going to complete it.

Thanks for the support Flop21, appreciate it :)

Flop21

HSC
Yeah I am really wishing I sorted this dyslexic problem I had out a year ago. I could have achieved so much more, the guilt and hopelessness is killing me.

Thanks for the guidance Flop, yeah my teacher said that from my major project I am now first(I did a 3D video game) and yeah thank god its over the amount of problems I had... I thought I wasn't going to complete it.

Thanks for the support Flop21, appreciate it :)
That sounds awesome. Be sure to apply for EAS, start it now!

You've got so much more precious study time in front of you till the HSC which is worth most of your ATAR.

trist117

HSC
That sounds awesome. Be sure to apply for EAS, start it now!

You've got so much more precious study time in front of you till the HSC which is worth most of your ATAR.
how well did you go in multimedia?

Flop21

HSC
how well did you go in multimedia?
Internally I'm first, which is cool since I thought I failed trials. Major was a nightmare, but I got it in. Kind of happy with it, had some flaws but hopefully the markers don't notice them too much haha. Honestly, I have no idea how I'll go for marking the major project. I'm hoping B6 (praying).

Sounds like you did well, 3d video game sounds pretty sweet and I'm sure markers were impressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)