• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

need help with PIP (1 Viewer)

521scotty125

HSC
Hello, my name is brenton and I am current Year 12 student. I am currently conducting a Personal Interest Project as part of my requirements to complete the two units Society & Culture Course for the HSC. My research area is on “whether or not the media present an accurate positive or negative portrayal of the event Schoolies”. You will remain anonymous throughout this process; your answers will be solely used for the purpose of my assessment only. Thank you!

NB: PLEASE BOLD YOUR ANSWERS WHERE POSSIBLE!!!

Please specify your age_______

Please tick your gender.
Female
Male

In what year did you attend Schoolies
Before 2005, please specify __________

Where did you go to participate in Schoolies?

Gold Coast
Port Macquarie
Byron Bay
Whit Sundays
Cruise
Other, please specify
__________________________________________________ ___________________

As a Schoolies participant, how much did you know about the event itself before you went?

All there is to know
I had heard some different things about it
I knew a fair bit, but I wish I had known more
I knew very little to almost nothing about Schoolies

Where did you gain a majority of your Schoolies Information

Family members
Friends
Past Schoolies
Newspapers
Magazines
Television
Internet
Other, please specify

When you went to Schoolies with your knowledge of Schoolies, was it anything like you expected it to be? Why?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

Did the media have an affect on the decisions you and/or your family made on whether or not to participate in Schoolies?

Yes, it had a lot of influence in my decision on Schoolies.
It had a some affect on my decision
No, it mainly had an affect on my families views on Schoolies
No, it had no affect on my decision at all.

Did the media affect the way in which your “Schoolies” event was portrayed? If so, was it a positive or negative portrayal of your time at Schoolies?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

In 2005, the media has portrayed mostly a negative view on Schoolies. Words such as violent, out of control, fights, bashings, rape, drugs, alcohol abuse and public nuisance were frequently used throughout the media.

Do you believe that this is a fair portrayal of Schoolies? Why or why not?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

“The whole thing is a bloody disgrace, Schoolies must stop” DJ John Miller.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement and why?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Do you have any further comments to make on Schoolies, or the media’s portrayal of Schoolies? OR any suggestions about this questionnaire or my Project that you would like to mention? Thank you for your time!!!!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

thankyou in advance:):)

Last edited:

etoile rouge

HSC
You started ur primary research already???
When did u start?
a lot of people still don't even have a topic!!!!
Are you excited about this whole PIP thing? What other methodologies are u using?

521scotty125

HSC
yea i have i have to do my secondary research now aswell beacuse it starts very soon.

im using interviews content analysis and a questionaire

no im not really excited about it

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
you would do better to put this in the surveys and research forum tbh, not many people look at the SaC threads.

A suggestion for your questionnaire, have an option for people who didn't go on schoolies, find out what their views were, they they didn't go etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)