Need help with this Ancient History syllabus point please! (1 Viewer)

JesseWright

HSC
Political crisis: Role of the Senate; use of the army for political purposes; urban violence

I'm struggling big time when trying to get info for this dot point, any help is appreciated!

smiggles

HSC
You might want to try clarifying which topic you're talking about too...

Those Syllabus points are in basically every topic.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Political crisis: Role of the Senate; use of the army for political purposes; urban violence

I'm struggling big time when trying to get info for this dot point, any help is appreciated!
Basically go through the content of the topic and relate that to each part of this dot point e.g.

Assuming this is a Rome topic:

What was the role of the Senate in the big events of the entire topic - e.g. (I used to teach Rome 133 - 78 BC) the role of the Senate in the rise of Sulla

Then the use of the army for political purposes - how did Sulla, Marius (or later Caesar, Pompey etc) use the army for their own political purposes

Who used urban violence - when was it an issue e.g. Marius used the threat of urban violence to get the command against Jugurtha

So what I had my students do was take each event that they had studied and code it as to whether it could also relate to any or all of the above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)