Need help with UAC application. (1 Viewer)

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hello Guys

I'm currently looking at attending USYD next year (BA) through mature aged entry. I've already completed the required UPC course.

Regarding the UAC application though, I would have thought there would be an area for me to write about why I wish to attend Uni. Currently the only things in my application are my UPC course and my current job information.

Is that all there is to it? What am I missing here? Should I have uploaded documents? There has to be more to this application process then just my name, address and UPC course.

Any help is appreciated guys.

:awesome:

J

timinator1993

HSC
After you apply, you can always login to "Check and Change", But I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be somewhere that you talk about why you want to go to uni :S

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I don't know the exact details about a non-leavers application, but certainly in the Year 12 leavers application there's nothing like that for most courses - if you're a school leaver, generally the only things they take into account are your ATAR and any other qualifications you have.

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Ok, so there is no longer a field for a small personal essay?

Reading a few stickies that relate to a few years ago, it appears there used to be.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Probably best just to call UAC and ask. Better safe than sorry :)

UACInfo

Universities Admissions Centre, www.uac.edu.au
HSC
N/A
Hi JRock

If a UPC is your only qualification, and you also have some work experience, then you haven't missed anything. Only certain courses need uploaded documents, and if you've included any of these courses in your preferences, your application package tells you what you need to do.

If you put employment experience in your application you would have been asked for a statement of service (you can see a sample at http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/sample.pdf ). This has to be sent in hard copy to UAC with the cover sheet that came with your application package.

If the course you are applying for doesn't require a personal statement from you, then your application is assessed on your qualifications only. But you do need to make sure you enter ALL your qualifications.

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hi JRock

If a UPC is your only qualification, and you also have some work experience, then you haven't missed anything. Only certain courses need uploaded documents, and if you've included any of these courses in your preferences, your application package tells you what you need to do.

If you put employment experience in your application you would have been asked for a statement of service (you can see a sample at http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/sample.pdf ). This has to be sent in hard copy to UAC with the cover sheet that came with your application package.

If the course you are applying for doesn't require a personal statement from you, then your application is assessed on your qualifications only. But you do need to make sure you enter ALL your qualifications.
Thankyou. That was a lot more informative than the generic copy/paste response i received from the UAC.

Appreciate you taking the time to help. Will let you know if I have any further questions.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)