Need MP3 player help asap! (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC

Is this any good. I think I should be able to negotiate down to $250. Has anyone dealt with neeon or other creative mp3 players before. Any help is appreciated.

vizman

HSC
yeh that seems like a pretty good deal. i got the creative zen micro 5gb for 399 november last year. so this seems like an excellent price.

the player is prettty damn good

Pace_T

HSC
creative zen mp3 players tend to be bricks

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Pace_T said:
creative zen mp3 players tend to be bricks
Bricks as in large and heavy? If so thats not much of a problem. In fact, I'd rather it be large so its not so easy to lose. Im more concerned about battery life/functionality etc.

Pace_T

HSC
absolution* said:
Bricks as in large and heavy? If so thats not much of a problem. In fact, I'd rather it be large so its not so easy to lose. Im more concerned about battery life/functionality etc.
it's good that ur concerned about the battery life.. they tend to mislead a lot in the product specification about that. for e.g. it has t obe a particular file format n settings to get the expected battery life

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
yeah and the other thing i was wondering is if it is one of the those devices where you should use up the full life of the battery before recharging or can you just top it up without losing battery life.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
yeah and the other thing i was wondering is if it is one of the those devices where you should use up the full life of the battery before recharging or can you just top it up without losing battery life.
You can top it up whenever you want.

I'm not a fan of the new creative range- they're too bulky for my liking. I'd say go and have a look at one and hold it et cetera, and see what you think.

speed2

HSC
i got the creatie zen microphoto around a month ago and its excellent. sound quality is awsome, better than iPods'. But the only downside in my opinion is the software supplied with it, although you can use WMP instead.

and as for battery charging, i think its best to drain it fully then charge it for the first few times.

EDIT: just curious, how do you plan to bargin it down to $250, because they only give you a few percent off if you pay with cash

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
speed2 said:
sound quality is awsome, better than iPods'
Uh, the only thing that should really make a noticable difference is the headphones/earphones, not the brand of player.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
:eek: this may be a stupid question ... but im pretty sure you can use these mp3 players (eg. ipods) as you would an external hard-drive/usb thing with any kind of file?

is using it in this way bad for it at all?

HSC
down at a computer shop in the city (melbourne) i saw a creative zen 20gb for $300... might want to look around for that?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
creatives r pretty good
:)

ive got a 20gb zen touch

the only problem i have is its full and ive got no more space on it :(

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
euskadi_warrior said:
down at a computer shop in the city (melbourne) i saw a creative zen 20gb for $300... might want to look around for that?
Do you remember the name of the shop. The cheapest Ive seen is 345.00.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
why should they even offer an education price for a mp3 player?
so people can look all hot and trendy while they dance around at uni with their ipods high-fiving all other ipod owners :eek:

i want one now !

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
get the ipod nano 2g im loving it ^^ ;; my old 20gig ipod had some many bugs like it froze when it was transferring songs and also the fact that i had to restore it so many times. well as a result of that it's broken now = = ;;. HOWEVER the ipod nano has no problems at all ! it looks so slick and its bloody tiny. you can get it at jb for $290 with a free case ! you can buy it at apple though for cheaper if you are a student ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)