Need notes on final fantasy x (1 Viewer)

VU-Nit

HSC
im running out of ideas

can anyone help me?

avagina

HSC
try asking on videogame forums !
i could help a little.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
VU-Nit said:
im running out of ideas

can anyone help me?
Here's an idea: don't do it. Video games are one of the worst examples of texts you can do because a) all texts have a certan way of being analysed, but video games aren't covered in the syllabus and b) it looks like you're just slacking off working to play games, which creates a really bad first impression with the markers. While brilliant, Final Fantasy games are the worst possible example you can use. I used Seven Years In Tibet as one of my ORTs: a two hour long film that took me ten pages to cover thoroughly enough to get a Band 5 (I was two marks off a Band 6). However, it took me forty hours to complete Final Fantasy X (largely because I did all the sidequests; I'm like that). So call it twenty-four to thirty hours to complete. If you want to cover it just as thoroughly as I covered Seven Years In Tibet (ie, Bad 5-6 level), that's anywhere between 120 and 150 pages.

VU-Nit

HSC
well thx neway

but im sticking to it

i did pretty well in my speech i hope

now waiting for marks

.deimonic

HSC
Lol I was thinking of doing FFX as well but I'm sure my teacher will scream at me when she finds out its a video game. But yeah as ObjectsInSpace said, it's better not to do games.

Sonata

HSC
a classmate's friend at another skool used FFX as a related material for his speech and he got the lowest mark lol.

zingerburger

HSC
It all depends on how well you can implement your arguments. That's why you don't mention it's a video game. Instead, try to paraphrase and call it an "interactive text" or something. I mean, generally you probably shouldn't do video games anyway, only because it's not an accepted medium.

I used "Black & White" (which is a video game) last year in the trials as one of my found texts in Inner Journeys and managed to get a mark of 85% for the whole essay, which isn't too bad. Although, it was probably my weakest text...

But yeah, probably better not to do it.

VU-Nit

HSC
i got 10/15 for my essay n i didnt even finish my related text!
so im keeping it^^

pinkyforce7

HSC
as much as i love final fantasy X, why choose it?
it has one of the most idiosyncratic and twisted story lines out of most video games, which as a text is very fucking cryptic. how do u plan to convey it? it takes 40 hours of game time to understand it normally, u reckon u could get it all out in an essay?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
probably the most idiotic and moronic idea ive ever heard.

Aloys BMW

HSC
Try discussing how FFX ends, with the physical journey for Tidus as having many rewards when he reaches the end.

To be honest, writing notes for a video game, it's tough work, and it's not something I would want to do, so, good luck on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)