NEED NOTES on "my place" (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
:S You're going to have to be more specific that that...

In a nutshell, the story looks at Sally trying to unearth family skeletons --> "emotional and spiritual pilgrimage". In fact, the best summary is probably the ... grr, forgotten the fancy word. It's not a prologue, but something tacked onto the very beginning of the story. It's a bit like a poem. Argh, now you can really tell how far I've "moved on" since my HSC...

In terms of Inner Journey, obviously there's an age gap that is shown in choice of language used, but there's so much more. "Place" could be seen as a metaphor for identity, sense of self, cultural heritage, sense of belonging...

angel_fire

HSC
there is a My place excel book available which I found quite good for me. if you can get your hands on one of these I think it is worth it. thanks

jayson

HSC
dumass

nah mate deres nuffin ere....

i suggest u go look it up urself and stop bein a lazy shit fukka...
in the end its ur hsc not ours

and besides its more satisfactory and beneficial if u did it urself

Windytree

HSC
HMM -_-" this is a scary kinda post to see.
Surely BOS spose to be a more supportive and helpful place.

Hopefully you have found some notes, older threads are quite useful!

nwatts

HSC
Windytree said:
HMM -_-" this is a scary kinda post to see.
Surely BOS spose to be a more supportive and helpful place.

Hopefully you have found some notes, older threads are quite useful!
Surely people can make their notes, or dare I say, ask their teacher?

_MeL_

HSC
I nEeD mY pLaCe NoTeS tOO!

Hey.. yeh My place is a terrible book!!
i needs notes on the effects galdys's story has on sally.. as well as daisy's story.
the book has no meaning to me.. it seems to just repeat its self consistantly!
help would be much obliged.
xx Mel.

davegold13

HSC
My Place is a great book, but here are some tips if you need it to get started

- “What had begun as a tentative search for knowledge had grown into a spiritual and emotional pilgrimage.” The use of contrast here between the trivial and the significant implies to the reader the extent of development that Sally experienced throughout the course of her journey both in mind and spirit.
- “To think that I nearly missed all this. All my life I’d only ever been half a person.” The use of emotive and direct words maintains a sense of relief and fulfilment. The effects of this are that the reader can ultimately understand the significance of Sally’s inner journey and the importance of finally finding a sense of place.
- “It was one more precious thing that added to our sense of belonging.” Sally after learning which group she belongs to in the North. The use of “our” includes the reader. Morgan signals throughout the autobiography that she recognises the reader’s presence in her journey. Morgan also suggests that she does not feel her journey is complete, as more “precious things” are required to complete her sense of belonging.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
The Aboriginal people are resiliant and will not be extinguished by the attitudes and actions of the Dominant White Society, as represented in the folllowing quote:

'The older boys went over there regularly to milk the cows. We used to follow them. We'd lack back on the bales of straw in the milking shed and beg the boys to squirt us with milk. I had my mouth open all the time, it was lovely, feeling that warm, creamy milk shoot in and down your throat.'

Page 258, Gladys Corunna's Story. Write this and you're sure to get BAND 6.

Last edited:

emar

HSC
none out there best to get excel book or ask your teacher to write sum 4 u. dats what our class did

cupcake08

HSC
check your library for study guides, there were about 3 that i found. also look for infocus articles and check the internet. if all that fails you'll just have to come up with your own notes, but theres quite a bit out there if you look hard enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)