Need one last performance piece idea... (1 Viewer)

samjames

HSC
I'm a guitarist, and I'm into pretty much anything from Tommy Emmanuel to Frank Zappa to Buddy Guy to frickin' Dimmu Borgir, so I'm not really limited by genre. But I've run out of prac ideas. I need one more, so far I have...

Core: Drifting, Andy McKee (could be changed if you don't think I'll get good marks)
Electives: Stevie's Blues/guitar boogie medley - Tommy Emmanuel (90 percent impro, can play it down to the ground)
Diablo Rojo - Rodrigo Y Gabriela (going to impro that too, but not sure about marking)

And after that I'm out. Bear in mind I'm a pretty decent guitarist (at least I hope I am), and I'm aiming for encore.

So any ideas?

septic.

HSC
Here's a couple of ideas, based on the styles that you like and what I think would make for good HSC pieces. I played guitar for my HSC too :)

'Borsalino' - Tommy Emmanuel
'Born in the Sea' - Peppino D'agostino (I did this piece for my HSC, sweet marks all round and added a bass part in as well.)

Alternately, have you thought about doing a piece which has a singer? There's a lot of pieces which have great guitar parts (meaning a good deal of complexity and show-off moments haha) to go along with a vocalist. And I was always told it looks great to show you can work in an ensemble, even if it's with one other musician. Hence why I added the bass.

Hope I've helped in some way!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Core: Drifting, Andy McKee (could be changed if you don't think I'll get good marks)
My only worry is that it may be too overdone...

Definitely try and youtube these. Most should net you some decent marks if you can do ithem well:

Dueling Ninja's - Trace Bundy (I highly recommend this one, at least as one to check out)

Canon - Trace Bundy

Love Song - Trace Bundy (The use of capo's here would definitely score you some marks if you can pull it off)

Kimblim - Don Ross

Rylynn - Andy McKee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)