Need opinions on degree choice! UNSW and Usyd Ba. Commerce vs UNSW and Usyd Ba. Economics (1 Viewer)

thinkinghard

HSC
I'm not sure if I should pursue a degree in Economics or major in it. I've so far enjoyed HSC Economics a lot and done very well in the writing sections but, I think I am also interested in marketing however, I did not enjoy Y10 Commerce at all. I'm not naturally good at math however, I am surviving in Ext 1 and Adv Maths. Is pursuing a degree in Economics any similar to studying Economics for the HSC? Is it very math based? Would doing Commerce and doing a major in Economics be a better option in terms of career prospects and overall enjoyment? and is a Ba. Advanced Studies worth it?

Thank you!

anthony___

HSC
For me personally, I think a Bachelor of Commerce would allow you to explore different career paths, 'diversify' your skillset. Whilst a Bachelor of Economics can take you on a great career path, BComm could allow you to major in Finance/Eco, Marketing/Eco or Accounting/Eco (or others) which could allow you to work in different industries and professions. Nevertheless, if you tend to grasp economic concepts very quickly, BEco could also be great for you.

thinkinghard

HSC
For me personally, I think a Bachelor of Commerce would allow you to explore different career paths, 'diversify' your skillset. Whilst a Bachelor of Economics can take you on a great career path, BComm could allow you to major in Finance/Eco, Marketing/Eco or Accounting/Eco (or others) which could allow you to work in different industries and professions. Nevertheless, if you tend to grasp economic concepts very quickly, BEco could also be great for you.
Thanks for the reply! I am conflicted because I feel like both of those benefits apply to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)