Need some help with airfare deals! (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
ok, i would like a flight from HK to London (then connection to Brussels)

Deal 1:
Flying Cathay Pacific (current promotion)
HK$3800 = AU$690
arrival london time 20:15 which means that i'll have to book the connection flight for next day

Deal 2:
Flying Qantas
Frequent Flyer points 80 000 (normal)
arrival time allows me to make connection flight.

but I am only going for a week and it feels like spending 80 000 points seem like a waste!

which one do you think is a better offer?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
80 000 points only gets you to london! It does seem like a look of points and considering your only going for a week - it does seem like a waste.

The Cathay Pacific deal sounds very cheap and affordable for only a weeks holiday. And as a bonus you get to spend the night in London, lol :p

Personally I would go with Cathay Pacific and save my points for a longer holiday.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cape said:
80 000 points only gets you to london! It does seem like a look of points and considering your only going for a week - it does seem like a waste.

The Cathay Pacific deal sounds very cheap and affordable for only a weeks holiday. And as a bonus you get to spend the night in London, lol :p

Personally I would go with Cathay Pacific and save my points for a longer holiday.
i think the same as you do!! but do you know any cheap accommodation around Heathrow that's affordable and not too much extra expense (like transport) involved?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
sugaryblue said:
i think the same as you do!! but do you know any cheap accommodation around Heathrow that's affordable and not too much extra expense (like transport) involved?
Well I actually haven't been to london ... actually never left Australia, but i'm sure if you did some research either on the net or asked a travel agent, I'm pretty sure that they would have some sort of cheap sorta like backpacking expense accommodation for people just staying over night.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cape said:
Well I actually haven't been to london ... actually never left Australia, but i'm sure if you did some research either on the net or asked a travel agent, I'm pretty sure that they would have some sort of cheap sorta like backpacking expense accommodation for people just staying over night.
haha, or maybe i should just sleep at there... looks spacious enough with FOUR terminals!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
sugaryblue said:
haha, or maybe i should just sleep at there... looks spacious enough with FOUR terminals!
I'm sure you could sleep under the chairs or something.

But if your connecting flight is going to be early in the morning or something, i'd just sleep at the airport. I'm assuming you can ... save some money in the process :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Cape said:
I'm sure you could sleep under the chairs or something.

But if your connecting flight is going to be early in the morning or something, i'd just sleep at the airport. I'm assuming you can ... save some money in the process :)
arrgghhh bugger. for going to Belgium, connecting flights deal is like $4900 which is arund $890 in AU, BUT the tax is like $1000 something which makes the total charge:

$6100 something, which is around $1100 in Australian dollars!!!

if i go for the FF points deal, it's probably only cost me like $500

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But do you really want to use your ff ... personally i wouldn't ... i'd prefer to save for a longer holiday. Is there any cheaper flights to belgium??

dave_119

Banned
HSC
its probably easier to pay than use FF points.... in some cases using FF points dont give u a guaranteed seat.... then that can screw up ur whole trip... u'd have to get into contact with the airline, to specificly check that u have a seat...

personally i think it would be cheper to train it to belgium if u had the time t spar, its cheaper than aircraft.. its only about 4-5 hours i think,

u can actually stay at the airport if ur plane gets in late and u hav an early connection....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)