Need some new perspectives on this one... (1 Viewer)

zelda011

HSC
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a dillemma... and as everyone should i have turned to the random strangers of an online board to assist me.

Theres this girl (isn't there always?) at my school. I met her in year 8 (3 years ago) and since then she has grown to become my best friend. She is absolutely stunningly beautiful, but as a friend i never really thought of her in that kinda way. When i met her, and for 2 years after that, she was in a long term relationship, but earlier this year they broke up. And as everyone knows people change once theure single, and i realized that she was (and is) everything i had ever wanted in a girlfriend, but the problem is i am stranded in a 'best friend' relationship with her. She's had a few flings with guys from work and stuff and as her best friend she talks to me about them and whenever she does its like a dagger in the chest for me, but i have to pretend like everythings dandy because (even though she's incredibly intelligent and mature) i know it would most likely ruin our friendship (by no fault of hers or mine... things just happen that way).

It really sucks, i cant tell her about it and i cant go on suffering in silence. I can either lose my best friend, or carry a massive burden around on my shoulders. I really need help here, any input is welcome (as long as its not retarted (no offense if you are retarted)).

Thanks guys.

AAO89

[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]
HSC
There's other perfect girls out there for you, you shouldn't risk a friendship over it... unless she shows signs of being interested just don't.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
Just tell her about your feelings...i mean shes your best mate therfore she should understand you well enough..well this does mean you risk the friendship but the risk your taking might pay off huge dividends...you dont want to be carrying emotional burdens round since the moment things change and you get hooked with a different girl, you will become susceptible to feelings of guilt and/or try and make comparisons between the bestie u culd have had and the girl you're in atm

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
If you think you're inevitably going to tell her (like you reckon that one day you just will even if you try not to or don't want to) then the sooner you do so the better :D

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
you are being deceitful in not telling her. If she is such a good friend she should understand and the phase will probably pass.

If you dont tell her because you are afraid of losing a friend...then iam sorry but you allready lost one. You are in the friend bracket now and the easiest option is to cut your losses. The other two options are to persue her or to talk it over with her and work something out.

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
zelda011 said:
She's had a few flings with guys from work and stuff and as her best friend she talks to me about them and whenever she does its like a dagger in the chest for me, but i have to pretend like everythings dandy because (even though she's incredibly intelligent and mature) i know it would most likely ruin our friendship (by no fault of hers or mine... things just happen that way).
I can empathise with your situation, and i strongly suggest you have a chat with her about it. You can't just go on and ignore the situation... trust me if your feelings are that strong for her then u'll just keep feeling like shit. You need to at least talk to her and resolve the situation one way or another - closure is very impotant. If she's as good a friend as you say she is, she'll appreciate the fact u had the guts to bring it up with her.

Good luck!

Pace_T

HSC
if ur afraid of losing the friendship, ur clearly too much of a wimp to handle her as ur gf. dont tell her u like her, flirt with her. dont be stuck up but make it known to her u have something to offer her. girls want guys they think are better than them, but dont be stuck up and up yourself...
if she responds by flirting back u hav a chance, be persistent but dont be annoying to her...

Evilo

HSC
i was in the exact same situation a while back. Something just clicked and we worked out that we had so much 'more' in common and we were both keen on a relationship. Unfortunatly i moved interstate for uni so we didnt continue the relationship. Im with Pace_t on this one.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Go in for the kill:)
Do it and dont regret it

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
who says you're going to lose your best friend if you give this a shot?

zelda011

HSC
Hmm sorry i havent posted on this yet, thanks for the responses. Pace_T, i dont think you're getting it. Me and her have a very flirtatious friendship anyway, when she was with her long-term boyfriend she still flirted with me and me with her and we still do now, so if i flirt with her she's not going to notice anything different. Don't you think i thought of that already?

I really really do want to tell her and im not too scared to coz i've done this kind of shit before, like everyone has, but no ones ever meant this much to me before and it would be a devestating loss to me if i lost her. I know if i told her she'd understand... and she wouldn't intentionally let our friendship fade away, but it would, she would feel weird talking to me about other guys because she would feel guilty about making me feel like crap, so shed eventually stop doing it. She would also probably stop flirting with me, because she'd think i would take it the wrong way.

THATS what im worried about, i know she wouldnt just outright say 'no fucking way, dream on' etc and she would put in an effort to maintain our friendship but i know it would end up breaking down.

Im talking to her about it tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Hahahahahahahah she's going to stop being your friend because your love for her is going to ruin it but you're so much of a soft cock you'll never be the man she wants.

AHAHHAAHHA I LOVE THIS FUCKING FORUM. YOU'RE ALL SO PATHETIC AND STUCK IN THIS DILEMMA! Most of you are so fucking weak, you bring me a never ending source of joy because you'll never be happy and you'll always be the whiny second string guy that never gets the woman.

Ah internet, you are so good to me.
Aww... youre such a nice guy.

Pace_T

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Hahahahahahahah she's going to stop being your friend because your love for her is going to ruin it but you're so much of a soft cock you'll never be the man she wants.

AHAHHAAHHA I LOVE THIS FUCKING FORUM. YOU'RE ALL SO PATHETIC AND STUCK IN THIS DILEMMA! Most of you are so fucking weak, you bring me a never ending source of joy because you'll never be happy and you'll always be the whiny second string guy that never gets the woman.

hear hear!

i wonder how things went if u told her already...

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
personally i wouldnt tell her. she might stop hugging you and stuff. then you'll never cop another feel from her again. besides one day you two might get drunk at a party and ull know what its like to have a root. just keep hanging on in quiet desperation and hopefully one day...

zelda011

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:

Oh go and fuck yourself you piece of shit. Im not the pathetic one here you are because you feel the need to shit all over people to make yourself feel bigger, and you wanna call me the 'second string' guy? Fucks sake man if you need to compensate for the lack of sex youre getting by taking the piss out of strangers on a forum then youre the pathetic one not me. I am happy because she makes me happy and im also just generally content with my life as it is, its not like i CANT get a girlfriend I just can't get the one i want because ive dug myself the best friend grave.

I told her today for those of you who care, its all good, she said that shes just fucking around with various other guys (of which she told me she would like to make me one now she knows how i feel) and when she wants a serious relationship we'll talk about it then.

Far as im concerned thats about as good as it couldve gone. Thanks to most of you who gave me the fuel for thought i needed to make my final decision. If every forum was like this one the internet would be a better place (barring the obligatory fuckwits).

To all those guys and girls who feel like they haven't got a chance... there is hope. And to cunts (excuse the attrocious language) like miles... i say a big fat fuck you to you and your 'second string' bullshit. The mold can be broken. I am living proof.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
HOw great does it feel that the next time you're eating her out you'll be licking the come of other guys out of her. Basically she's just said "Yeah I'm a huge whore I hope you can fuck me too". You're onto a real winner buddy, does she rim you too?
Ooohhhh SNAP!

Team 1A

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Welcome to the internet.

Rock up to a meet you'll see I don't give a shit about people on or off the internet.

Retards, WILL BE RETARDS!
Where is this meet at ey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)