Need suggestions please (1 Viewer)

HSC
Im in music 1, doing my HSC this year and i need suggestions for pieces i can do.
Yes ive left it to late, we've had 10 billion teachers in the year and theyve all been telling me different things.

I havent done any gradings, im self taught, so nothing too complex. and the pieces have to fit into 'an instrument and its repertoire (so piano) or music of the 20th and 21st century.

I would reeeaaaally love ur help, im freaking out. :burn:
this is not the year to do so lol.
xx

Cerry

HSC
Don't freak - I didn't have my pieces chosen at this point last year either, and I ended up being fine. Actually, that's a lie. I had one chosen, but changed it in March-ish. I changed another one about a week before an assessment in May, and there were people in my class who left things even later than that.
Not that you shouldn't get onto it ASAP, mind you, it's just not the end of the world if you don't get it chosen right at this second.
Unfortunately, I'm not a pianist, so I can't come up with any brilliant suggestions for pieces.

aLexTasyy

HSC
you seem to be a twilight buff by your av of the "sparkley faggot", so why not try Bella's Lullaby, not the shit one they put on the soundtrack, the one thats been circulating underground for a while now

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Im in music 1, doing my HSC this year and i need suggestions for pieces i can do.
Yes ive left it to late, we've had 10 billion teachers in the year and theyve all been telling me different things.

I havent done any gradings, im self taught, so nothing too complex. and the pieces have to fit into 'an instrument and its repertoire (so piano) or music of the 20th and 21st century.

I would reeeaaaally love ur help, im freaking out. :burn:
this is not the year to do so lol.
xx
what sort of grade level do you estimate you're at? if you could tell me, i might be able to help out (i'm a pianist. and i teach kids as well :) )
also, what styles of music do you like playing? classical, jazz, pop, blues, etc.?

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
you seem to be a twilight buff by your av of the "sparkley faggot", so why not try Bella's Lullaby, not the shit one they put on the soundtrack, the one thats been circulating underground for a while now
the one on the soundtrack is ridiculous.
i hate it.
it is not the lullaby!!!!!
i thought it was a solo piano piece.
not an effing piano concerto with full orchestra!!!
gosh!

they ruined it!

HSC
lol. the river flows through you? thats the better bellas lullaby
and i learnt it last year and performed it for 'an instrument and its repertoire' lol.
not hard and a good piece to play.

thankyou all for your feedback. people in my class are still choosing so im kinda a bit more relaxed.

I found a piece by Debussy to do, so gaah. Time to start learning. lol.

Yay for HSC music. lol

HSC
the one on the soundtrack is ridiculous.
i hate it.
it is not the lullaby!!!!!
i thought it was a solo piano piece.
not an effing piano concerto with full orchestra!!!
gosh!

they ruined it!
hahaha. so true.
it was a crappy piece to start with, why they intensified the crappiness with an entire orchestra baffles me.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
i reckon!
i love the piano melody line, even though its really rythmically simple it sticks in my head. but they over did it. its not even a lullaby really is it!?
gay.

krystally.

HSC
HAHAHAHHAHAHA
You think YOU'VE left it too late.
Trials in 125 days and I have NFI what I'm playing.
YAY! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)