need tips for writing an extend response like a made up story (1 Viewer)

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hi

could u post up an example and we can try and work it out?

BlastdXams

HSC
just need to write a fictional story about inner journeys for my hcs

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i think one of the things to remember is to go into the exam with a prepared story, as you probably wont have time to think of a new story and come up with a good plot, characters, setting etc. in the space of 40 min. AND write it all down. the good thing with a prepared story is that you are able to change the beginning of ur story to suit whatever stimulus the exam paper throws at you.

see how many words you can write in 40 min. and then use that to see how many words ur story should be. u'll find that the more u memorise the story the faster u can write it, perhaps even under the 40 min, which gives u more time to concentrate on other aspects of the paper that may require more attention, e.g. the essay.

inner journeys are easiest to write about as almost any journey that one goes through is an inner journey. examiners like an original story that has glimpses of personal experience, so maybe u could write about you or a fam. member going through a tough time and grows (thus experiencing a journey). maybe some1 realised something about themselves or changed their perspective about something- that too is a journey.

hope this helps :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
lizziegirl said:
i think one of the things to remember is to go into the exam with a prepared story, as you probably wont have time to think of a new story and come up with a good plot, characters, setting etc. in the space of 40 min. AND write it all down. the good thing with a prepared story is that you are able to change the beginning of ur story to suit whatever stimulus the exam paper throws at you.

see how many words you can write in 40 min. and then use that to see how many words ur story should be. u'll find that the more u memorise the story the faster u can write it, perhaps even under the 40 min, which gives u more time to concentrate on other aspects of the paper that may require more attention, e.g. the essay.

inner journeys are easiest to write about as almost any journey that one goes through is an inner journey. examiners like an original story that has glimpses of personal experience, so maybe u could write about you or a fam. member going through a tough time and grows (thus experiencing a journey). maybe some1 realised something about themselves or changed their perspective about something- that too is a journey.

hope this helps :)
This is the exact thought I had when I did my HSC.
Well done!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
base the story on something you have experience. that way it will be easier to write about.
"I imagined I was pregnant and I took on an inner journey of the hardships and difficulties of pregnancy and was only supported by my partner"

ROFL.

BlastdXams

HSC
hey ty for the hint it was very helpful should help me do well in my hcs trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)