• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need To Find A Good Pen (1 Viewer)

HSC
Gosh, I've never had an issue with the Kilometrico pens. I think they're awesome. I usually lose my pens before they run out, so they haven't really failed me in that respect. I prefer the ink in the Kilometrico pens to the ones in the Bic ones.

Meep, I bought new stationery and my senior uniform yesterday, so much fun! Lol.

<3makemearedcape

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
omg this is one long post about pens lol by the looks of it it is the kilometrico verses the rest of the pen world lol...i side with kilometrico coz they are cheap and i dont find they run out to fast or leak...if u dont heat it up too much it wont leak lol

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Haha, yeah I use Bic Smoothies, love them. And I also use papermate flexigrip ultra, I may have to try out those Papermate Gel Rollers.

cs01001

HSC
Hahah, just bought 5 Kilometricos for $1.99, they are smooth writing pens!

Bought my new uniform yesterday (the shirt), man, they are a rip off, $30 for some real shitty materials... =(

PrettyVacant

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Papermate Kilometrico ones are cheap and write really well, but I wouldn't recommend them for three reasons.

1) poor grip (unless you buy those thingies)
2) they run out relatively quickly
3) THEY CAN OFTEN LEAK ALL OVER YOUR STUFF IN YOUR BAG

It's not worth it. You'd rather pay a few dollars more than have ink all over your stuff in the long run, right? Ink doesn't wash off.

I need to stock up- I think I'll just trial and error.

Otherwise, what you do is just have friends who are doctors/kids of doctors and ask for pens with good grip. (It helps if they have to mark your stuff and you threaten them with bad handwriting.)
1) Grip doesn't bother me much, I like how the pens are pretty light.
2) They write for a kilometre! That means for like $1.80, you can get ten pens = 10 kilometres! OMFG. Yeah, the person who got 5 for $2 got ripped off. See: Woolworths Back-To-School sales. ;)
3) Never happened. I've actually never had the misfortune of a pen leaking all over my stuff before. ^^

cs01001

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
1) Grip doesn't bother me much, I like how the pens are pretty light.
2) They write for a kilometre! That means for like $1.80, you can get ten pens = 10 kilometres! OMFG. Yeah, the person who got 5 for $2 got ripped off. See: Woolworths Back-To-School sales. ;)
3) Never happened. I've actually never had the misfortune of a pen leaking all over my stuff before. ^^
Fucking Coles.

Artemis.

HSC
yoakim said:
Haha, yeah I use Bic Smoothies, love them. And I also use papermate flexigrip ultra, I may have to try out those Papermate Gel Rollers.
I agree, Bic Smoothies and Papermate Flexigrip Ultra are probably the pick of the bunch.
But saying that, I have no problem with ordinary cheapo Bic pens, they do the job.

jenez

HSC
I use STAEDTLER stick 430 M pens in blue, black and red. They are very reliable indeed =D.

Last edited:

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
jenez said:
I use STAEDTLER stick 430 M pens in blue, black and read. They are very reliable indeed =D.
love them especially the red one! soo bright!
they hurt my fingers though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
2opinion8d said:
love them especially the red one! soo bright!
they hurt my fingers though.
I love the red one as well ;)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Personally I prefer fast drying gel pens when I need to write lots. The best one I've used is the Pilot G2, but Papermate Gel Roller II isn't bad either (except dries too slowly and smudges as a result).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
zangetsu.xo said:
just bought a bic smoothie today.
i dunno...
from the way everyone was hyping it up i expected more.
not bad.
not outstanding either...
Yeah, I thought it was too bulky, and I'm not a fan of the grip. Still, the ink is alright. Hope it lasts a long time :)

HSC
N/A
Got pack of 3 Bic Velocity. Love them so far. =) Will properly trial them in exams this term.

Joohlie

HSC
I went out & bought the Bic Smoothie. Sounds like a drink :D LOL, I agree that it's a bit bulky :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ I tried those pens. They were alright

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Those Bic Soft Feel? Lol, good on you :) I'm starting to like Kilometrico now.

btw, what's happening to Humglish? Disbanded?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)