Need to find comfort in you guys (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
As many of you are genuinely concerned about UAI and HSC, I feel so familiar talking to you guys, and for that this is like my home.

For those who don't care, don't bother reading on.

Lately, I have been heavily criticised on my grade's forum. While I agree that marks don't really mean anything, they DO mean something now. They do mean a passport to uni and to the courses that you want to do.

Sadly, I am really angry with people at my school who simply, or should i say, naively think that marks don't mean ANYTHING AT ALL

Let me quote a post:
----------------------------------
I'm sick of people getting so worked up about results so I'm going to have a little rant about it.

ALL YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS:

A mark is an arbitrary number that someone writes on a piece of paper. It says nothing about how valuable you are as a member of society, it has means nothing in relation to how successful you will be in life. It is not an assesment of your worth as a human being, nor is it a judgement on you. All it is is a stupid number that someone you probably dont know wrote down in response to a whole bunch of more arbitrary characters you marked out on a piece of paper.

How does the number 95% make you any different to the number 23%?? Someone PLEASE tell me because I can't figure this out. ITS A NUMBER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!

This not meant to be a nice comforting post saying everything will be alright regardless of your mark. This is supposed to tell you to pull your f u c k i n g head out of your arse and stop basing your self worth on grades, because it pisses me off no end. And its stupid and childish. If you can't emotionally handle a bad grade then you aren't fit for whatever high-pressure job you eventually want to get into requiring a 95+ uai.

There are people with real problems in the world. Who the f u c k are you to complain about your priviliged and free higher education not panning out the way you would have liked it to? You have a computer in front of you with access to the internet, and you are completing a comprehensive education. There you go. You've got more than the vase majority of the world does right there.

If you don't get the mark you want you won't starve. You won't die because you have to drink dirty water or can't afford medical care. When you have children they'll have a survival chance greater than in the high 90s, not mid 20s.

Stop your b*tching.
------------------------------------------------------

Well, if they don't care, they can rot in hell and DOWN WITH THE HSC!!

Let, those of us, who give a damn survive! and succeed

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i agree it's important to get to uni, and i do care about my marks for myself, but i am not going to judge people for their marks, and people are no better or worse (i am not implying that was what you were implying, just saying i agree with that post to an extent)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i agree it's important to get to uni, and i do care about my marks for myself, but i am not going to judge people for their marks, and people are no better or worse (i am not implying that was what you were implying, just saying i agree with that post to an extent)
i reckon there should b a balance in the way u look at marks...as u've shown us the two extremess. :)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i understand what the unknown poster is saying up there.. cuz u see ppl stressing and stressing about their marks as if there's no tomorrow if they lose (heaven forbid) a certain number of marks and so on.. *rolls eyes*
but yeh... if it's one year to work ur ass then it's year 12.. and even if we dont judge each other by marks, the uac robots do...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
everyone has diff expectations and goals..hence i hate it when someone goes ....thatz not a bad maark i cant beleive ur not happi with passing........well if i wanan do law..it takes more than just passing.......so next time....i wish pplz wouldnt criticise others for having expectations...and goals...

Mazey

dun worry they're probs getting worked up and stressed with hsc
..... that or they're failing everything hehe :p

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
everyone has diff expectations and goals..hence i hate it when someone goes ....thatz not a bad maark i cant beleive ur not happi with passing........well if i wanan do law..it takes more than just passing.......so next time....i wish pplz wouldnt criticise others for having expectations...and goals...
EXACTLY!! Just because I have a high expectation of myself and can get emotional sometimes at results, why do they have to criticise me and make such a big deal out of it!!??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)