Need to find home stay or a single/shared room (1 Viewer)

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, long situation short: I need to find a place to live after August 17 and I don't know where to look.

I'd prefer to live somewhere in Randwick, Kensington, or Kingsford. My budget is up to AUD$250/week, including all general utility bills, hopefully including unlimited Internet.

I'd also prefer home stay (in other words, meals included), but if that's not possible, then a single or shared room would be fine.

Anyone know any opportunities that I can grab?

(Oh, and sorry if this isn't in the right thread. Not sure where to post it, but looking for somewhere near UNSW, so...)

Question2

HSC
N/A
Im in a similar boat. So far the problems i am finding are :

-Ad claims all bills included...when you go to inspect, you are told that NOT all bills are included...or there is some kind of cap and you have to pay more if the bill goes above that.

-Room is unfurnished, or only partially furnished

-WAY too many people living there (record ive seen was 14 people in one house, sharing one kitchen...oh my god)

-The photos look amazing, the actual place looks likes a hollywood set...the kind where the police raids the place and engages in a shootout with some criminals in a ghetto

-You are suddenly told you can't cook there (wtf? then how are you supposed to get food?)

-The toilet/kitchen looks as if it hasnt been cleaned in years...

-Whoever has the lease wants to do blatantly illegal stuff like hold onto your bond personally instead of sending it to fair trading and/or the contract they show you is something they just typed up in five minutes with many unfair stipulations on your part

-Contract is for 9 months long or some crazy long term period

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Searched, but nothing's really what I'm looking for. Sent a couple of questions to a few people though. Hope I'll get a reply soon.

Im in a similar boat. So far the problems i am finding are :

-Ad claims all bills included...when you go to inspect, you are told that NOT all bills are included...or there is some kind of cap and you have to pay more if the bill goes above that.

-Room is unfurnished, or only partially furnished

-WAY too many people living there (record ive seen was 14 people in one house, sharing one kitchen...oh my god)

-The photos look amazing, the actual place looks likes a hollywood set...the kind where the police raids the place and engages in a shootout with some criminals in a ghetto

-You are suddenly told you can't cook there (wtf? then how are you supposed to get food?)

-The toilet/kitchen looks as if it hasnt been cleaned in years...

-Whoever has the lease wants to do blatantly illegal stuff like hold onto your bond personally instead of sending it to fair trading and/or the contract they show you is something they just typed up in five minutes with many unfair stipulations on your part

-Contract is for 9 months long or some crazy long term period
Oh wow, you went through all of that? Man... that sucks. At least now I know what to look/ask for when I come inspect a place.

One of my friend's homestay providers has an extra room for AUD$280, including all bills, breakfast, dinner, being able to use their ingredients any other time, and Internet, so I'm going to go take a look at that first and see if it works out.

Question2

HSC
N/A
That homestay thing sounds like a good deal...if you don't want it, PM me :p.

Ive never been able to find homestay places...all the ads seem to be for regular room rents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)