• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need topic sentence generation help! (1 Viewer)

andrew12678

HSC
Hi

I need help with 3 topic sentence generations for the thesis on journeys.

Thesis: To successfully complete a physical journey, ambition is essential because it is only when the traveler is mentally strong enough to make sacrificial decision, they can enjoy the fruits of their journey.

Last edited:

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Just quickly, regarding your thesis: you imply that ambition brings about the mental strength, then that mental strength can bring one to (and therefore that mental weakness is insifficient for one to) make a sacrificial decision.
Although I suppose this is the case in your text, in general the above does not necessarily hold.

But nevertheless, working with that thesis. If you want to prove the statement, especially your one with a few parts, you can show how a lack of mental strength leads to a failiure on a physical journey, how the inability to make the sacrificial decision (I'm still only vaguely sure what you mean here) may hinder the ability of the journey-taker to enjoy the rewards, whether or not they complete the journey. Of course you can directly argue that here is a person, who did the three things you describe and who successfully completes a physical journey and enjoys the reward.

It is called the contrapositive statement, and can add a lot to any paragraph.
I hope this helped, even though I am aware you are looking for help with actually wording the topic sentences. You should decide what each of your paragraphs is going to argue (by going back to the relevant text(s)) and then perhaps I can be more specific.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)