• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Needing texts that relate to My Place (1 Viewer)

Gabcom

HSC
As the subject says, I need suggestions for texts which can relate to the most boring book ever chosen as a core text, My Place by Sally Morgan. Right now I've got Spirited Away which is relating all right and I'm about to check out Memoirs of a Geisha.
I also have Life of Pi (novel) but I haven't read it yet and I have no idea how well it will relate.

In 2 weeks time I have a speech due and part of the topic is "unpredictability", so if you know of a text that can relate to that as well as My Place, I'll give you an e-cookie if you tell me what it is.

I'm hoping for a text that I can analyse in a short amount of time (anything but novels). Preferably a poem or song that can somehow relate to My Place and possibly hint on the topic of unpredictability, and I already have 2 movies and a novel so yeah..A source or link to where I can get the poem would be appreciated too.

Anyway, advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm one of those students that need as much help on English as they can. :bomb:

mercreature

HSC
i'm doing my place too! spirited away is a great idea... umm i might be doing frankenstein, interview with the vampire and the road not taken. they all have journeys so they relate to My Place in that way...

yeah. so other than that im not much help...

ausdancer

HSC
i'm doing My Place as well but i haven't found anything. i have to do a speech on a related text but i'm stuck. anyone got any ideas? i was thinking Lovely Bones but i can't think of the author. she narrates her own death. other than that i've got nothing

bilal.a

HSC
im doing my place 2, i thought that i should do the movie finding forster but it was 2 hard 2 analyse the movie, the speech is in 2 days and im stuck, any suggestions please help

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ausdancer said:
i'm doing My Place as well but i haven't found anything. i have to do a speech on a related text but i'm stuck. anyone got any ideas? i was thinking Lovely Bones but i can't think of the author. she narrates her own death. other than that i've got nothing
Alice Sebold. Good book. I hadn't even thought of using that as a related text.

I've only found one related text out of four, it's the Australian film "Somersault". It's not very strong, I just picked it because I loved it and I really needed to hand in a related text. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)