Negative Effects of Globalisation on a SINGLE economy? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
Hello,
does anyone know of or know where i can get information of how globalisation has a negative effect on a single economy. i know the negative effects and positives effects on the global economy but i can't find the pro's and con's for a single economy in specific terms. can anyone help? will i just need to take the global effects and extrapolate that in terms of one economy?

thanks helps :D

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Hm, negative effects of globalisation would, of course, vary from economies to economies. However, the most general one that seem to arise from all single economies is the problem of inequality within an economy.

I would say most of the cons you already know about globalisation on the global economy can be applied to a single one - eg: environmental issues, inequality, volatility of the economy through no fault of its policy management but due to other economies' business cycle.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
on a single economy?
that means u need to talk about the pro. and cons for juz one country, isn't it??
like all the african continent countries.

or is it the same as our case study?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well the general effects of globalisation are a logical starting point. I looked at the negative and positive effects and then researched which applied to my case study. The questions i got focused on the case study so i always answered with that in mind, however something like this years globalisation question would have been answered in a general look at the effects of globilisation with the case study backing up as an example.

" will i just need to take the global effects and extrapolate that in terms of one economy?"

I would say so, if the question specifically refers to a single case study.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
A disadvantage that i thought of was that domestic producers might suffer with the lowering of trade barriers that used to protect them from overseas competition.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Your textbook should have a case study on Brazil and Poland (my one did, I'm using The Market Economy). The one in my book had an excellent examination of the impact of globalisation on both those economies. Off the top of my head, for Brazil:

- Heavily affected by speculative investment - investors poured money into the country when it looked good, then took it all out when things began to go bad, seriously destabilising the economy and the currency

- Some time after it switched to a currency pegged to the US dollar, Brazil experienced a huge market destabilisation when the US dollar plummeted - the US's huge economy allowed to to withstand the shock, but Brazil couldn't do the same, and it's economy suffered.

I_F

MingGe

HSC
Income inequality is one, environmental consequences-greenhouse gases. BUt they vary with different economies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)