Neo Noir (1 Viewer)

aussiechica

is anyone here familiar with the subgenre of neonoir?
If yes, can you pls explain it to me as best you can.

From what I understand, is it correct to say that if it has many of the characteristics of the film noir, but is not in that period of creation, it becomes neo noir

Her is a definition if neonoir I found: 'Neo noir movies take noir as a startingpoint, using bits and pieces of its techniques as necessary, but have adapted to changing times'- is this a good one to use, or can someone supply me with a superior version

Also, the film Snake Eyes (it had Nicholas Cage and Harry Sinse in it, if anyone wants to rent it out- it is a good example of US cf) and fight club
Would you classify these as neo noir?

Anyone got any good examples of neonoir (besides Momento- :) :) :) I love that film

Also, are Noir films limited to cf?

Thanks in advance!!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I havn't heard of "neo-noir" either, but from the way you describe it I would classify Fight Club as "neo-noir" (I havn't seen Snake's Eyes).

Another good "neo-noir" is Insomnia.

Noir is not limited to CF, many of the films already mentioned fit into other categories besides CF themselves.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by aussiechica
Would you define Fight Club as crime fiction at all?
It's kind of border-line. I asked my sister about that after the your first post, and she gave me a confused look ( :confused: ) but then said that it probably was (sort of).

Be careful about using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)