net page display help (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hey peepz

i am having trouble opening some of my pages eg: WebCt login page for uni, unimail page, some pages from sites..... all i get is an ad with the title *perfect nav*....

i installed ad-aware (cuz some IT dude told me to) and he said the reason to why the paes wont displaying was because i had some ad software that stopped it from displaying and supposdly after installing Ad-Aware everything would be fine. however, i have installed it and the pages are still not displaying.... any suggestions?

thankz in advance

lin

sunny

meh.
HSC
Did you update Ad-Aware and actually run it to scan your system?

sunny

meh.
HSC
You should update it and scan again. Its the same idea as updating your anti virus.

Winston

HSC
dauuuuughter :p...

yeah anyways, update the adware definitions, and do a systems can, it will tell you what they have found, i'm not sure but on the freeware version they list all found objects, but you must tick it manually yourself lol, maybe it's a freeware feature... but also try SpyBot. bleh just MSN me and i can help you :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
dauuuuughter :p...

yeah anyways, update the adware definitions, and do a systems can, it will tell you what they have found, i'm not sure but on the freeware version they list all found objects, but you must tick it manually yourself lol, maybe it's a freeware feature... but also try SpyBot. bleh just MSN me and i can help you :p
The free version of Ad-Aware can select everything for you. Right click on the list -> Select All Objects.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
daddy!!! ahahahhaha i hope u are doing good these dayz :p

thankz to my sugadady and sunny :p

ahahahah hows UNSW? :p...

Matth3w

Demon-Eyes-Kyo
HSC
You should get the full version of Ad-Aware.. although i doubt it's spyware causing your browsing difficulties.. It could be a DNS error on your isp's part. Give them a call.

edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)