• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Netball (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I like being a defence, much more than attack. But I hate biased refs who always pull me up for contact. Bastarddssss./

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I like being a defence, much more than attack. But I hate biased refs who always pull me up for contact. Bastarddssss./
I don't like attack, l used to be WA for years but now l've gotten much slower.

I hate refs like the ref who is the coach of the team who is coming first. She was crap and l hate her.

Last week during our game l glanced over at the sideline and she was standing there watching everything we did and making comments like "That's the worst defence l've ever seen" (well guess what lady, we have better defence than your crappy team)

She got two of the mums of her team to sit down on chairs and write down everything we did until the end of the game. For crying out loud, were 18 D for fucks sakes, she takes it far too seriously.

nik_noodle

HSC
hey...i know all about evil defence :p being a shooter and all. But i also know that u gals get pulled up for a lot of things u dont do, especially in the lower grades. i mean, the GD got pulled up the other week for contacting me when she was nowhere near me, i protested the call, saying that she didnt do it and the umpire went through with the call anyway.
Its awful!
and i know what u mean about coaches umpiring their own teams...so not fair!
Being an umpire myself it kills me to see such incompetent fools umpiring!!!!!!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by nik_noodle
hey...i know all about evil defence :p being a shooter and all. But i also know that u gals get pulled up for a lot of things u dont do, especially in the lower grades. i mean, the GD got pulled up the other week for contacting me when she was nowhere near me, i protested the call, saying that she didnt do it and the umpire went through with the call anyway.
Its awful!
and i know what u mean about coaches umpiring their own teams...so not fair!
Being an umpire myself it kills me to see such incompetent fools umpiring!!!!!!!
I don't get pulled up much, but my friend does (she's GD) and l can see why. She's very agressive. I like to stand and talk to the GS and see how their team is going and how they are etc.

Its not fair about coaches who are umpires but they are allowed to do it.

nik_noodle

HSC
haha u sound like me...im a talker as well!
100% social netballers + a massive fan of the national league.
Was gonna go up next weekend, but things havent worked out...8 assessments in 2 weeks. eep!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I played netball for 12 years and absolutely loved it, i played WA and would never miss a game. But now i had to give it up because my stupid work won't give me saturday's off. I hate them so much. The umpires where i play (hunter valley) are shit arse. Talk about bias. if they had a friend in the opposing side they wouldn't get pulled up for anything...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I played on Saturday against a team from the same club and we had two umpires from our club, which I didn't think was allowed, but they were shithouse. They didn't check nails and some chick took a chunk of skin out of my arm with her nails. When I asked for them to check, they looked at me as if I were a lunatic.

Melli

HSC
N/A
hey hey how often do u gals train
me comming from a small country town 250 ppl train once a week(thurs) and play on satdays
id love to b able to do alot more with my netball but coz of being where i am i can't without travling for long distances
some days i have to like an hour jus play an hour game

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
You could have just edited your thread you know?

I train on Mondays for about and hour and I'm sposed to train before the game each Sat, but I never turn up in time for that.

nik_noodle

HSC
i train each day. but im a shooter so kinda have 2. but some days it might only be 1/2 hr or so. i find it also helps me to concentrate when i go back to maths or something afterwards.
im so buggered. this has been such a long and yucky week! 2 many assessments and 2 many other things on top of it.
Luv Ya's
Nikki

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Oh jesus, I have to play against the bitchiest team today and I'm fucking running on 2 hours sleep and what's left of my liver.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I'm playing against a team who we beat 36-8 last time. Hmm...just so happy we don't have to play the bitchy team - we were supposed to play them last week but it rained so suck shit to the coach who spyed on us and wrote down all these notes on how each individual players plays.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ahahahaha, we won! They got so cut, they're so fucking bitchy. These two girls, my GD and the opposing attack were at each other the whole time. They were so cuuuut :D

nik_noodle

HSC
we had a really good win 2day. 51-9 I was pretty stoked. Especially when Kellie (GS) and I (GA) moved out of the circle in the last quater to play WD and C (which ihavent played in ages) was so cool. I actually got to intercept :p best fun ever!
it wasnt as tho they were a bad team either, its just we played really well for the first time all season.
and grr. the opposition were awful. well not all of 'em. but the GD in the 2nd quater. she was hassling the umpire so bad (and for once the umpire had made a correct call) over most calls she made. when she got pulled up for obstruction she'd go on and on about how she was 3 feet...she didnt appreciate it when i offered her a tape measure :p
Anyway, i just got in., been in a stage show tonight and am still on a high! yay! But i was 2 tired to kick on so im gonna check some emails then crawl into my nice warm bed!
Congrats on ur win Loz! And that coach Misturi sounds really anal for a win. U playing high grade or something?
Love Always,
Sweet Dreams,
Love Nikki

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Ahahahaha, we won! They got so cut, they're so fucking bitchy. These two girls, my GD and the opposing attack were at each other the whole time. They were so cuuuut :D
YAY! Well done!

Originally posted by nik_noodle
we had a really good win 2day. 51-9 I was pretty stoked. Especially when Kellie (GS) and I (GA) moved out of the circle in the last quater to play WD and C (which ihavent played in ages) was so cool. I actually got to intercept :p best fun ever!
it wasnt as tho they were a bad team either, its just we played really well for the first time all season.
and grr. the opposition were awful. well not all of 'em. but the GD in the 2nd quater. she was hassling the umpire so bad (and for once the umpire had made a correct call) over most calls she made. when she got pulled up for obstruction she'd go on and on about how she was 3 feet...she didnt appreciate it when i offered her a tape measure :p
Anyway, i just got in., been in a stage show tonight and am still on a high! yay! But i was 2 tired to kick on so im gonna check some emails then crawl into my nice warm bed!
Congrats on ur win Loz! And that coach Misturi sounds really anal for a win. U playing high grade or something?
Love Always,
Sweet Dreams,
Love Nikki
YAY! We won 55-20. :D nah we are in D's..the lowest grade but she's such an idiot.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
You guys reckon you'll make semis or what not?
Well we are coming 2nd in our comp so if we win the next 3/4 games yes we will be.

What about you?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
We have to win out next 3 (I think) games, to be definites. If we don't, I'm not sure. I hope we do, my coach said he'll shout us dinner and said he'd buy me a cocktail.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
We have to win out next 3 (I think) games, to be definites. If we don't, I'm not sure. I hope we do, my coach said he'll shout us dinner and said he'd buy me a cocktail.
Ha, well in that case goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)