New and Improved! Studying @ UNSW – a guide to what you really need to know (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
study depends on what subjects you do
Ok say like maths or actuarial studies since they require practice (I assume HS maths is similar to uni maths in terms of study)
During exam time, I think a section of the library is 24/7. But that's only for a few weeks per year.

You would be going to campus security with any issues like that. The librarian is a manager, not someone who works on the floor.
Oh...

btw how would I prep for uni exams, is it similar to HSC prep however lack of past student resources and practice exam papers? How do I access an abundance of these resources in uni coz I heard you dont get much access to past student notes and past exam papers?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Ok say like maths or actuarial studies since they require practice (I assume HS maths is similar to uni maths in terms of study)

Oh...

btw how would I prep for uni exams, is it similar to HSC prep however lack of past student resources and practice exam papers? How do I access an abundance of these resources in uni coz I heard you dont get much access to past student notes and past exam papers?
For math you probably would get past papers

you just gotta know everything

D94

HSC
N/A
Anything covered can be examined. You need to know everything if you want to do well.

Tbh, if you need to 'prep' for uni exams, you probably won't do well. Everything is a progression towards the final exams (and future courses). You will have quizzes, assignments, tutorial questions, lab exercises etc. throughout the semester, and so you need to be on point throughout the semester if you want high marks. If you have kept up, then the exams feel just like another quiz or assignment (I've even had exams where a section was to basically do one of the labs again, so if you screwed around and copied someone else to get 100%, you certainly would have failed that exam).

As for resources, you just have to ask around if you want to obtain the 'lucrative' past papers and notes that aren't officially released to students. You need to know people.

sourmilk

HSC
dumb question but can you elaborate more on the 3 subject being considered as full time??

so as a first year student i can take 3 subs, which equal to 6oc each, and in sem 2 take 4 subs, and have enough to transfer?

also on the unsw website it says mininum 48uoc for both semesters to be considered full-time?? im lost

D94

HSC
N/A
dumb question but can you elaborate more on the 3 subject being considered as full time??

so as a first year student i can take 3 subs, which equal to 6oc each, and in sem 2 take 4 subs, and have enough to transfer?

also on the unsw website it says mininum 48uoc for both semesters to be considered full-time?? im lost
For local students, 18 UOC and above is a full time study load. 24 UOC per semester is a typical load.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Can I get free parking during o week
park on barker street

rangers do like to prey on P1 1st year drivers who are naive to timed zones

also, remove your P plates after you park. So many times I have had my P plates gone missing because dumb cunts like to take them from cars

turntaker

HSC
park on barker street

rangers do like to prey on P1 1st year drivers who are naive to timed zones

also, remove your P plates after you park. So many times I have had my P plates gone missing because dumb cunts like to take them from cars
my p plate is ziptied to my car though.

also is barker street all day parking. and what time should i get there

turntaker

HSC
Wtf . Who is gonna scratch my car?? I might install CCTV inside.

Sigh I might end up just going by train

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Wtf . Who is gonna scratch my car?? I might install CCTV inside.

Sigh I might end up just going by train
I've got a dash cam that can start recording when it is motion activated. Good investment tbh

You have a lot of cunts who don't have any respect for other peoples property. If you do drive make sure to leave a huge gap between the car behind you because people hit front bumpers and just drive off, plus there are a lot of asians that are seriously bad at driving their turbo charged amg

this cunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)