Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Knox

Votes: 19 10.5%

• Total voters

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You managed to get a scholarship o_O

The topic asks Which is the better private school? (not the ideal grammar but comprehendible)- which is asking people what school they think is the best from the private school system, and as such it's open to interpretation as to what defines the quality of being 'best' (as seen in the topic title). Just because other people measure a school's "quality" using a different measure to you, in this case- quantitative (by marks), doesn't mean that they are wrong =P

zeek

HSC
You make your own future and the school only helps, therfore, there is no best private school...

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
yes there is...theres obviously one skool better than another...and hence there is a best school...which is measured through a broad spectrum of criteria....of which IMO is the kings school

megeggie

HSC
who cares? theres pros and cons of different schools.
personally, im glad i've had the oppurtunities of a private school - but there are still many in public schools too.
I'm looking at a UAI of mid 70's prolly and im at a private school - but who cares, i've done things at the school which are more important to my future, and alot of that is due to the fact i pay $14 grand a year in fees, therefore sometimes i get better facilities.
people say public schools teach life skills, they probably do, but so do private schools. both have pros and cons.
and yes some private school people are snobs, but so are some public ones ;)

Enoch

HSC
err...which pub skool is snobby???wot can they be snooby about?...

private skools...esp the GPS ones...r the ones that teach life skills....
like going to kings....leadership, comradery,mateship,working in teams, and many others...like how to deal with fukwits ...

and alot of it is through the GPS sporting teams, warcries, the customs and ethics, and wotnot.(even arranging chix from other skools to come and dance with us from as young as yr 8)

public skools(except for syd high) can never understand wot skool spirit,comradery or warcries are.

for example..we field 10 opens rugby teams (joeys feilds more ...the freaks)...some skools can just barely field one SKOOL rugby team..

sport also helps u not to be fat and lazy...in my grade we prolly have like a handful of unfit ppl...i think every1 is like in proper BMI range...aus is getting really fat

all i can say is

GPS>other independant>cath>pub

selective skools are a wierd bunch

obviously there are gonna be selective skools better than each other in terms of how they do in getting good HSCs....so once they come out they will get good courses....but how will they deal with real life situations...??? hence selective skools differ widely and even within the skools ..the students differ alot..

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Enoch said:
err...which pub skool is snobby???wot can they be snooby about?...

private skools...esp the GPS ones...r the ones that teach life skills....
like going to kings....leadership, comradery,mateship,working in teams, and many others...like how to deal with fukwits ...

and alot of it is through the GPS sporting teams, warcries, the customs and ethics, and wotnot.(even arranging chix from other skools to come and dance with us from as young as yr 8)

public skools(except for syd high) can never understand wot skool spirit,comradery or warcries are.

for example..we field 10 opens rugby teams (joeys feilds more ...the freaks)...some skools can just barely field one SKOOL rugby team..

sport also helps u not to be fat and lazy...in my grade we prolly have like a handful of unfit ppl...i think every1 is like in proper BMI range...aus is getting really fat

all i can say is

GPS>other independant>cath>pub

selective skools are a wierd bunch

obviously there are gonna be selective skools better than each other in terms of how they do in getting good HSCs....so once they come out they will get good courses....but how will they deal with real life situations...??? hence selective skools differ widely and even within the skools ..the students differ alot..
What are you saying? That people who go to Public schools or any other schools besides GPS schools don't learn life skills at all? That is not true and you are just making some preety invalid generalisations there, or some public school stereotyping. Its not to say that all people who go to Public schools are stupid fuckwits who dont understand how to work as a team. Why would you say that a person from a school that is not of "private" status will never understand school spirit? Some may not, but not all of them. And also, not all private school students totally uphold comradery, etc. Some will, some wont. And not just private schools have people participating in sport. You go on like as if, only private schools can get sports teams together. You obviously dnt understand how other schools outside yours work. The quality of school life will always be different, varying between schools- just depends on how you really respond to it (go snobby or you work harder and more independently). Not everyone can go to a GPS school, majority go to Public schools- so by saying people who go to public schools will not learn life skills, than there must be a shitload of people who will be bloody fucked cos they dnt understand "school spirit or comaradery" the way you're going.

Generally, they say that the people who go to Public Schools will not be totally disadvantaged because they have learnt to be totally independant through their schooling life and thus, will survive University, etc. A teacher told me once that in the first year of uni- its always the private kids who drop out the most, then catholic/independant schools adn the least will always be the public students. Why? cos they havent been spoonfed adn they have learnt to deal with these newer environments. Not to say allll students from Private schools wont survive university, but they just seem to have access to so many things and priviledges and obviously, are spoon fed to the point, they dnt understand other life skills and concepts such um, "independancy"?. And thus, some act like snobs and wont be able to deal with the fact, life is not always as easy with always having great facilities.

I don't go to a Public school, i go to a Catholic School and i will say i am somewhat spooon fed and i honestly beleive that when i get out of school, i wont know how to handle some life situations. My school is average- cos we are not overly disadvataged but we sort of are(?)- but the teachers do totally spoonfeed you. But in terms of the hsc- everyone learns the same thing from the same syllabus and in the end, it comes down to who does well in the hsc. Being in a private school doesnt make it different to another student even if he/she goes to a public school. Its determined on individual ranking, so who cares what school you go to. And btw, i dnt know any of the private schools listed in the poll cept PLC? So i may be saying some things that are incorrect cos i dnt understand the private school culture. (i havent bothered to read last10pages)

But enoch, i respect your opinion cos you obviously love your school.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*cough* Selective schools ... we're not all weird. Yes there are a few people in there that if they were in a normal school they'd be bashed (and thanks to Darwin's theory of evolution- ie. survival of the fittest; they'd be turned normal)... but for the most part, I think we're normal people, probably a bit less "wild" though.

megeggie

HSC
the problem with this entire thread is that its a generalisation
you ask which public schools are snobby - no school is snobby, there will always be some percentage of the student body that has a snobby attitude - coz its the people not the school.
yes private schools may enhance that, and i will say that beinga t one for 6 years has sometimes given me an attitude im not proud of, but we are generalising about schools - who cares.

btw i go to a private school and havent played sport since the first term of year 7 - they arent just about sport...

Enoch

HSC
seremify007 said:
*cough* Selective schools ... we're not all weird. Yes there are a few people in there that if they were in a normal school they'd be bashed (and thanks to Darwin's theory of evolution- ie. survival of the fittest; they'd be turned normal)... but for the most part, I think we're normal people, probably a bit less "wild" though.

uhh wen i said wierd..i meant they are hard to classify...as u can go from the biggest dropkiks to the no1 smartest dood, from the poorest guy to the richest guy, from the least to the most athletic, and alotta stuff and it also has a great cultural diversity.

Enoch

HSC
megeggie said:
btw i go to a private school and havent played sport since the first term of year 7 - they arent just about sport...
alotta the private girls skool around west and inner west(strathfield) rnt really into sports////the ones in the east and north are quite into sport adn all the values that the GPS skools uphold..

wot skool u goto?

Enoch

HSC
kimi said:
And btw, i dnt know any of the private schools listed in the poll cept PLC? So i may be saying some things that are incorrect cos i dnt understand the private school culture. (i havent bothered to read last10pages)

But enoch, i respect your opinion cos you obviously love your school.

yeah i noe where ur coming from...alotta people from cath/pub/ and alotta the indep skools dont noe the stuff we do at skool...i guess u dont even noe wot a gps skool or head of the river is?ive seen all scopes of skools...GPS independant/normal independat/GPS public/selective/catholic/public...and i wouldnt blame u for not understanding wot im tlking bout...cos i understand from where ur coming from...

aye btw wot skool u goto kimi??

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Stop spamming you friggin Kings retard. As much as you love Kings and uphold their values and like tocamp across your fuckin 100 acre grounds, it doesnt seem that they teach you how to type. Snob.

And us little High poofs will always kick your arse in everything from next year. Your non-import scheme has killed your school and the little dickweeds that live there.

I dont know if Kimi [who goes to a random west Catholic school] knows what the Head of the River is, but we kicked your arse. Where we Kings? 6th, 7th? 8th? Who cares - you suck.

I'm gonna piss on the White Oval this summer. Then i'll light it, becuase I've got flammable piss.

Wait, did you not used to go to High enoch?

Hm....traitor.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nobody likes a troll.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
What are you saying? That people who go to Public schools or any other schools besides GPS schools don't learn life skills at all? That is not true and you are just making some preety invalid generalisations there, or some public school stereotyping. Its not to say that all people who go to Public schools are stupid fuckwits who dont understand how to work as a team. Why would you say that a person from a school that is not of "private" status will never understand school spirit? Some may not, but not all of them. And also, not all private school students totally uphold comradery, etc. Some will, some wont. And not just private schools have people participating in sport. You go on like as if, only private schools can get sports teams together. You obviously dnt understand how other schools outside yours work. The quality of school life will always be different, varying between schools- just depends on how you really respond to it (go snobby or you work harder and more independently). Not everyone can go to a GPS school, majority go to Public schools- so by saying people who go to public schools will not learn life skills, than there must be a shitload of people who will be bloody fucked cos they dnt understand "school spirit or comaradery" the way you're going.

Generally, they say that the people who go to Public Schools will not be totally disadvantaged because they have learnt to be totally independant through their schooling life and thus, will survive University, etc. A teacher told me once that in the first year of uni- its always the private kids who drop out the most, then catholic/independant schools adn the least will always be the public students. Why? cos they havent been spoonfed adn they have learnt to deal with these newer environments. Not to say allll students from Private schools wont survive university, but they just seem to have access to so many things and priviledges and obviously, are spoon fed to the point, they dnt understand other life skills and concepts such um, "independancy"?. And thus, some act like snobs and wont be able to deal with the fact, life is not always as easy with always having great facilities.

I don't go to a Public school, i go to a Catholic School and i will say i am somewhat spooon fed and i honestly beleive that when i get out of school, i wont know how to handle some life situations. My school is average- cos we are not overly disadvataged but we sort of are(?)- but the teachers do totally spoonfeed you. But in terms of the hsc- everyone learns the same thing from the same syllabus and in the end, it comes down to who does well in the hsc. Being in a private school doesnt make it different to another student even if he/she goes to a public school. Its determined on individual ranking, so who cares what school you go to. And btw, i dnt know any of the private schools listed in the poll cept PLC? So i may be saying some things that are incorrect cos i dnt understand the private school culture. (i havent bothered to read last10pages)
Yawn.........dumbass

Enoch

HSC
Bookie said:
Stop spamming you friggin Kings retard. As much as you love Kings and uphold their values and like tocamp across your fuckin 100 acre grounds, it doesnt seem that they teach you how to type. Snob.

And us little High poofs will always kick your arse in everything from next year. Your non-import scheme has killed your school and the little dickweeds that live there.

I dont know if Kimi [who goes to a random west Catholic school] knows what the Head of the River is, but we kicked your arse. Where we Kings? 6th, 7th? 8th? Who cares - you suck.

I'm gonna piss on the White Oval this summer. Then i'll light it, becuase I've got flammable piss.

Wait, did you not used to go to High enoch?

Hm....traitor.

err....did u even goto the headoftheriver???dude kings owned..btw kings came first in athletics....

errr...high imports like hell....rofl...ur such a noob...

too bad u dont have an oval for me to piss on...

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Yes, I went, and Kings did not own HotR. They came 6th. You came first in athletics, whooohooo, now if those cunts shut up at carnivals I reckon everyone will be happy.

High imports dont play sport. We have one or two that are actually playing sport. Two of our cricket imports are too busy playing grade in the same year that High are a very good chance of winning the premiership.

You can buy ovals, but ya cant buy spirit......I love that.

And pinpointing a couple of my spelling mistakes doesnt match up to your standard.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
enoch said:
err....did u even goto the headoftheriver???dude kings owned..btw kings came first in athletics....

errr...high imports like hell....rofl...ur such a noob...

too bad u dont have an oval for me to piss on...
Dude, you sound totally up yourself. And you really reinforce my idea of the typical private school snob. Learn how to type and dnt call Bookie a n00b, only i can.

Have fun in the english exam with your "..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)