New Book for 11 and 12 Vis Arts (1 Viewer)

soso

HSC
N/A
New book out by heinemann. Focus onFolio.Great for year 11 trying to decide what to do for BOW also good for year 12 wanting to got to art school with advice on what to do to get in at http://www.hi.com.au/folio/

HSC
N/A
That reminds me, the authors of 'A.R.T (art, research, theory)' have a new book coming out....

It's called 'A.R.T.2 - Practice' and "focuses on the practice of artists, both now in the 21st century, and in the context of the evolution of practice in the 20th century and earlier. It explores how ideas are reflected in the practice of artists"

Mind you, the book is not yet published, and won't be until the 1st of October.... so this years HSC class would really have to rush out and order it quickly, and hope it arrives before the art exam.

Otherwise, it'd be a good idea for all '06 students to look into it. :)

Click here for more information.

soso

HSC
N/A
The heineman Focus on Folio is about how to make a body of work and how to get into an art school. I like the A.R.T. books for theory

HSC
N/A
I saw that new Focus on Folio book the other day. Looks really nice. Was set out very well and was very interesting to look through.... it had great illustrations and really held your attention.

I think I might have to invest in it. (Or at least get the Art Department to buy one!) :cool:

Thanks for the heads up about it soso, you're always such a great help around these parts. :)

soso

HSC
N/A
Aw shucks just trying to be positive thanks foe the positive feedback

soso

HSC
N/A
Found this one the other day. I haven't seen it before.

Viewpoints - Visual artys case studies
edited by Ann Bamford

isbn 0-85859-973-2

about $40

artists it uses for case studies

Treahna Hamm
Wendy Sharp
Rose Farrell and George Parkin
Judith Kentish

plus advice on how to write a case study
Uses lots of resources in developing case studies

Its good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)