New Computer parts (1 Viewer)

brendan_leo

HSC
Why do you have so much ram?

Only get 4gig and get a gtx275 graphics card.

Also, what are you doing about a monitor, speakers and keyboard/mouse? If you're going to go hardcore with the stuff inside the box, you should also consider some decent hardware when it comes to the stuff that you actually interact with.
The Core i7 runs using triple channel RAM, hence needing RAM to be installed in sets of 3. Typically, peripherals don't change much; an older keyboard and mouse still do the job.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
nice store, nice rig
im not sure if this store has better prices on parts, but try MSY in Ultimo and such, they've got pretty good prices there

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
nice store, nice rig
im not sure if this store has better prices on parts, but try MSY in Ultimo and such, they've got pretty good prices there
yer. and if you plan to go there around 10am, take your lunch and a chair because you'll be waiting in line for long enough and when you finally get to the counter, the idiots inform you that the products they said they were holding for you have been sold...

ITSKY Online Computer Store

prices are a little more expensive then MSY but their postage is cheap nd they provide good service... customer service

Last edited:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
yer. and if you plan to go there around 10am, take your lunch and a chair because you'll be waiting in line for long enough and when you finally get to the counter, the idiots inform you that the products they said they were holding for you have been sold...

ITSKY Online Computer Store

prices are a little more expensive then MSY but their postage is cheap nd they provide good service... customer service

Lol msy... yea I've bought stuff from there before. You go at the end of the day at like 5:00 :)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
i remember i had to fight for a 7750 black edition... not physically fight but a verbal argument between me and a guy behind me who wanted the same product... apparently what happened was he contacted msy earlier and asked for them to hold a 7750, i was infront of him and asked for the same processor and when MSY handed it to me he said, "very last one". The guy behind me said, "oi, did you hold one for me... i rang up earlier and you said you'll hold one for me"... msy guy smiled and said, we don't hold single products, first in first served.
the guy said, BS, y say ull hold it if you had no plans to do so... msy guys responded with, if you don't like it here, piss off LOL seriously... i lawl...anyway i give the processor to this guy and purchased a 550 Black Edition... thankfully because now I have dual core unlocked to four cores meaning I have a quad core (OC'd to 3.6ghz) for less than $150.00

great processor... from what I've read the 7750 can also be unlocked since its a phenom core... what happens is AMD tests each of the quad cores produced and disables 2 of the cores, or if one core is defective they may box it as a x3 710, 720. If two cores are defective they'll box it as a dual core black edition....if you're lucky no cores will be defective and therefore you'll be able to unlock the two more cores... quad core for $80... can't beat that

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
i remember i had to fight for a 7750 black edition... not physically fight but a verbal argument between me and a guy behind me who wanted the same product... apparently what happened was he contacted msy earlier and asked for them to hold a 7750, i was infront of him and asked for the same processor and when MSY handed it to me he said, "very last one". The guy behind me said, "oi, did you hold one for me... i rang up earlier and you said you'll hold one for me"... msy guy smiled and said, we don't hold single products, first in first served.
the guy said, BS, y say ull hold it if you had no plans to do so... msy guys responded with, if you don't like it here, piss off LOL seriously... i lawl...anyway i give the processor to this guy and purchased a 550 Black Edition... thankfully because now I have dual core unlocked to four cores meaning I have a quad core (OC'd to 3.6ghz) for less than $150.00

great processor... from what I've read the 7750 can also be unlocked since its a phenom core... what happens is AMD tests each of the quad cores produced and disables 2 of the cores, or if one core is defective they may box it as a x3 710, 720. If two cores are defective they'll box it as a dual core black edition....if you're lucky no cores will be defective and therefore you'll be able to unlock the two more cores... quad core for $80... can't beat that
Stability is an issue and if you do try and claim warranty for a dead CPU, they wont give in to it. Better spending the extra $50-$90 to attain a warranty and a somewhat more stable system.

Also only certain boards allow the ACC to unlock the extra core(s) and AMD is pushing for these board manufacturers to update their BIOS's.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Stability is an issue for gamers who take the processor too far. I myself have an black edition 550 with two cores unlocked and OC'd to 3.6ghz with no issues. Perhaps I'm lucky with this processor. I managed to unlock a third core on a 7850 B.E couple months ago and the system was unstable at 3.1 yet at 3.0ghz it was fine, at 3.2ghz it was fine, at 3.4ghz it killed everything in my system. HDD, GPU, Board, RAM, PSU... big blue sparky come out of the top of my case... good processor though, seriously... I was a big intel fan last year but now I can't go back

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If it blue sparked it would of been epic to watch.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Just for the heck of it, install Crysis, get the mod/ attachment to do oil barrel explosions, if you beat 10 000 barrels and you CAN look into it, post it up on youtube, you will beat this guy:

YouTube - Crysis 10000 Barrel Physics

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, it can happen when you have a pent II

brendan_leo

HSC
PassMark Performance Test

Super Pi

Top temperatues with full loaad (Prime 95 running for about 45 minutes)

36mark
I'm not sure if Prime95 will work in Windows 7, after all, it was written for Windows 95. While you're at it, why don't you run 3DMark and PCMark? They're the industry standard for benchmarking PCs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)