New Honda Civic (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Well, have to admit that's not helpful in my case since I'm only planning to get the vti-L which is pretty much totally different compared to the Sport performance wise... not to mention the price...

Anyways, we ordered a Civic Vti-L yesterday... now I'm just wondering how long the wait is before we actually get the car =S
Welcome to the VTi-L club. What colour did you end up with?

I'm surprised you got it- even though you said alot of good things about it, I always pegged you as the person who "If it ain't perfect for me, I ain't buying it" kinda thing. Also thought it might be underpowered for you- but after getting my car serviced today (I highly recommend Scotts in Atarmon), it feels alot more responsive.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
I bet 99% of car orientated ppl who buy the VTi-L are gonna be kicking themselves they didn't buy the much better value Sport model 6 months after they take delivery of their car and see the top of the range Sport models zooming around :rofl:

Shimian

HSC
Yes i agree. All the 3 models has the same look so you wouldnt really be kicking yourself. Only difference would be the logo (VTI, VTI-L or SPORT) stuck on the back. And for the SPORT model, the sunroof and the foglights would be the visual enhancements. The part where i would be kicking myself is having the confort of leather seats over the cloth. Generally, all 3 models has the same interior design except for the material and colour they use. As mentioned in my previous post on the civic review, it is up to you if you want to pay extra for the luxuries.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
Welcome to the VTi-L club. What colour did you end up with?

I'm surprised you got it- even though you said alot of good things about it, I always pegged you as the person who "If it ain't perfect for me, I ain't buying it" kinda thing. Also thought it might be underpowered for you- but after getting my car serviced today (I highly recommend Scotts in Atarmon), it feels alot more responsive.
The bluish silvery colour...

LOL it aint perfect for me. It's perfect for my parents ahahahha.. I don't think I'd be able to stand the Civic if I wanted some fun..

Ooo.. we got the Euro from Scotts Atarmon..

EDIT:
OMG Shimian.... you forgot the most important thing............ the engine o_O

Yes, we got an estimate.. if we wanted the silver moss (?) we could get it in October, other colours are available between Dec - Jan.... =[

Shimian

HSC
nooooooooo, not the bluish silver. I think its the worst colour. Any colour but that, but i guess its personal preference. Well, i was talking about the visual aspect. The engine wont matter when your looking at it zip around unless you drag them. :)

lengy

HSC
The hatchback? As if the market isn't saturated enough with hot hatches. Ah well, all the superfobs and gangstars are going to get it now. Looks like a Peugeot.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
The new Civic Type R looks awesome, too bad it has the old model's peaky carried over engine with poor torque.

If only the Civic would go turbo like the Golf GTi/ Focus XR5/Renaultsport/Mazda MPS or big six like Golf R32/BMW 130iM, then it might actually have useable performance and grunt to match its racy looks.

As is, the Mazda 3 MPS will totally rape it :ninja:

Jiga

Heres my thoughts (Although Im no Honda expert):

Personally I dont like the Civic, apart from its poor performance I unlike many posters here, dont really like the look of it either. It has some parts that look ok, but overall I dont rate it. Realisitically, if I had money to spend and intended to get a Honda I would go for the Accord Euro... an extra $5k or so, but they look way better than the Civic when done up tastefully - black paint with some decent rims, seen two recently like this :uhhuh:. And more importantly, they have decent power.... 140kw and 223Nm from a 2.4L engine which apart from being decent for a 4 cylinder means it will also do ok on fuel.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Shimian said:
nooooooooo, not the bluish silver. I think its the worst colour. Any colour but that, but i guess its personal preference. Well, i was talking about the visual aspect. The engine wont matter when your looking at it zip around unless you drag them. :)
Haha... I looked at that colour and thought it was more suited to the conservative oldies :p But it's upto personal preference really. I wouldn't have minded the red either.

Schoolies_2004 said:
Heres my thoughts (Although Im no Honda expert):

Personally I dont like the Civic, apart from its poor performance I unlike many posters here, dont really like the look of it either. It has some parts that look ok, but overall I dont rate it. Realisitically, if I had money to spend and intended to get a Honda I would go for the Accord Euro... an extra $5k or so, but they look way better than the Civic when done up tastefully - black paint with some decent rims, seen two recently like this :uhhuh:. And more importantly, they have decent power.... 140kw and 223Nm from a 2.4L engine which apart from being decent for a 4 cylinder means it will also do ok on fuel.
LOL but then the Accord Euro is considerably bigger/heavier too- not everyone wants a hugeass car! Every man's entitled to their own.

Jiga

^

True.. I was alittle suprised actually with the cars respective power to weight ratios, base Euro is 10kg/kw while the Civic was something like 11.5kg/kw (not bad)... but I think its a matter of torque, the Accord has more and although I dont really know for sure, it more than likely gets delivered at its peak across a wider range, same with its power.

Last edited by a moderator:

CieL

HSC
My bad.. we're getting the alabaster silver..

Stock coming mid DECEMBER!!!

Euro goes well from 4.8k-7k rpm depending on conditions...

But is the 11.5kg/kw for the 1.8L or 2.0L? 1.8 one, right?

And no Jeff... my dad is NOT driving around in a red car =.=

Jiga

But is the 11.5kg/kw for the 1.8L or 2.0L? 1.8 one, right?
Yeah, the 2L gets it down to like 11kg/kw, still doesnt have much extra torque though compared to the 1.8L. Its prity good for the engine it has, but I still like the Euro better based on appearance and that little extra power.

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I still like the Euro better based on appearance and that little extra power.
Damn straight.

lengy

HSC
Honda Euro Accord only looks decent from the front, just like the Honda Civic. The Honda Accord before it's facelift looks the best of the family cars in the Honda range.

CieL

HSC
lengy said:
Honda Euro Accord only looks decent from the front, just like the Honda Civic. The Honda Accord before it's facelift looks the best of the family cars in the Honda range.
Really?

I prefer the opposite to both cars... I like the rear more than the front.

I reckon the rear is what makes the car stand out... (but I guess it depends on whether you take that as a good thing or a bad thing...), when I first saw the front of the Euro I thought the headlights reflected the 05 Commo...

Exteriorwise in the Accord range, I did fancy the 99 model's rear......... cept that's where it stops lol

Shimian

HSC
Im planning on getting my 06 Civic lowered with 18" rims. Has anyone lowered this car with 17+" rims? If so, could you post some pics? I want to know what the car looks like with these modifications.
cheers

Shimian

HSC
Ive seen many pics of the American Civic SI model lowered with 18". It looks hot. Just curious on what it would look like on an Australian model civic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)