• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NEW Info on Usyd Law transfer! (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
Yes this new transfer scheme where they take either take the best of your UAI-GPA combo OR GPA is definitely in place. I have a horrible UAI (90s+) and they took my GPA into consideration instead. All the best for next year kiddies :)

rx34

HSC
Yeah BigDK is right. You have to fairly serious about transferring if you want a good chance in getting the course you want. I think you need to do one of two things to stand a good chance

1. Limit your social life
2. Not work

So yeah it is painful. I must admit I did both for the 2nd semester and didn't work at all for the whole year. But then again, I still found it a lot more interesting and easier than the HSC.

I have a few tips for people who want to get good grades and possibly transfer. Firstly, it is better to study throughout the semester and not just cram at the end. To be honest if you do your homework and assignments well then it is really easy. But most people who just want to pass bludge it.

Secondly, work really hard for the first semester. The second semester in most uni courses just builds from the first (even if it doesn't some of the stuff will be revised). Working really in sem 1 actually helps you for the entire degree because you learnt the basics solidly.

Its kinda like how in year 11 nothing counts but for subjects like maths (especially ext 1) it is good to study so if you do ext 1 or 2 in year 12 it becomes a lot easier because your foundation is really strong.
Yes I absolutely agree with this. There are certain sacrifices you need to make if you want a good GPA. Cramming doesn't work, particularly for accounting courses. It might work for economics though.

aussie-boy

HSC
^^^

I disagree... ACCT 1a/1b are perfect for cramming. It's easy to do well by memorising logical methods, applied with basic maths.

ECON courses are much harder to cram for - the last questions require a thorough knowledge, and would be difficult even with the textbook in the exam room.

But the scaling is way better than accounting

rx34

HSC
^^^

I disagree... ACCT 1a/1b are perfect for cramming. It's easy to do well by memorising logical methods, applied with basic maths.

ECON courses are much harder to cram for - the last questions require a thorough knowledge, and would be difficult even with the textbook in the exam room.

But the scaling is way better than accounting
Haha, I think I'm the opposite of you. I find Acct 1a/1b impossible to cram whereas I do cram for micro/macro. I still do pretty well in the long essay questions at the end of the macro/micro exam paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)