New Ipods: which one should i get? (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
The new iPod certainly is delectable. However, as with all Apple products, especially the iPod range, one must question whether the price associated with such products really are worth it.

I bought my iMac not long ago; sure, it's expensive (well, for me anyway) at ~$2xxx, but I can't see myself regretting the purchase. As with iPods, I've heard all sorts of things about them - like not being able to replace the battery manually, etc.

Nevertheless, Apple always, and I highly emphasise ALWAYS, will shame Microsoft.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
The new iPod certainly is delectable. However, as with all Apple products, especially the iPod range, one must question whether the price associated with such products really are worth it.

I bought my iMac not long ago; sure, it's expensive (well, for me anyway) at ~$2xxx, but I can't see myself regretting the purchase. As with iPods, I've heard all sorts of things about them - like not being able to replace the battery manually, etc.

Nevertheless, Apple always, and I highly emphasise ALWAYS, will shame Microsoft.
ipod touch the nano's are ugly now

aussie-boy

HSC
Dont buy the ipod classic! the HDDs are quite fragile and you risk breaking them buy running/dropping them (my ipod photo only lasted a year)

the ipod touch is really your only option for video, however if you're going to spend $$$, why not get an iphone? then youll have internet and phone as well

however my preference is for the nano - the point of an ipod is music, and it will hold thousands of songs in a tiny package

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Lol I just bought an iRiver a couple of months ago after having 2 ipods die on me but it sucks cock.

Going back to iPod probably, soon.

$199 for 8 GB is quite expensive though, might look elsewhere (and probably regret it soonafter).

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
jb_nc said:
Lol I just bought an iRiver a couple of months ago after having 2 ipods die on me but it sucks cock.

Going back to iPod probably, soon.

$199 for 8 GB is quite expensive though, might look elsewhere (and probably regret it soonafter).
You probably got a crap model (The Clix2, E100, L-Player are the best). Audiophiles (such as me) will tell you that iRiver has better sound quality, noticeably in the middle ranges. And invest in a good set of earphones (mine are $199), they usually improve the sound quality on whatever music player quite dramatically.

Last edited:

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
The only Apple devices to have good sound ranges were the ORIGINAL Shuffles and the iPhones. My 3G has better sound depth and musical clarity (USing Etymotic Er4s, so you know GOOD quality headphones) than an X-Fi I bought, so I'm a believer.

The iRiver interface is a piece of dog shit, imho.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
bawd said:
You probably got a crap model (The Clix2, E100, L-Player are the best). Audiophiles (such as me) will tell you that iRiver has better sound quality, noticeably in the middle ranges. And invest in a good set of earphones (mine are $199), they usually improve the sound quality on whatever music player quite dramatically.
Um, I bought the 2 gb E100. That's one of the good models? The firmware sucks, it's so laggy including the interface. It doesn't sort artists by name! wtf. It's bearable but not as good as iPods.

It also has an album art option but wtf, how do you get album art on the bloody thing.

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
jb_nc said:
Um, I bought the 2 gb E100. That's one of the good models? The firmware sucks, it's so laggy including the interface. It doesn't sort artists by name! wtf. It's bearable but not as good as iPods.

It also has an album art option but wtf, how do you get album art on the bloody thing.
My friend has 8GB one and she can easily organise it, want her email lol? I'll agree that it's truly crap navigation-wise; takes ages to simply switch songs and move around the menu. But sound quality > iPod.

EDIT: The S10, Clix2 and L-Player have a brilliant and fast interface/navigational D-Click system.

Last edited:

pete_mate

HSC
i've been reading that the ipod classic leaves a bit to be desired in sound quality.

However, i haven't seen any alternatives in the iriver/sony/samsung that is 80gb or so.

8gb is a joke as far as i'm concerned, If i carried an mp3 discman with 12 cd's i'd have more room.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
i have an ipod classic, it's been going strong for a year or whatever now, no complaints at all re: sound quality?

bawd

HSC
pete_mate said:
i've been reading that the ipod classic leaves a bit to be desired in sound quality.

However, i haven't seen any alternatives in the iriver/sony/samsung that is 80gb or so.

8gb is a joke as far as i'm concerned, If i carried an mp3 discman with 12 cd's i'd have more room.
I'm pretty sure iRiver, Sony and all those brands have hard-drive based music players with storage comparable to iPods.

Nevertheless, iPods are more value for money in terms of storage. Howvever, they do not play certain file extensions (like .ogg, .flac) and what-not. But, if you hack the drive and load an awesome firmware (RockBox) into it, it becomes the ultimate music player.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
If you seriously use ogg and flac you're a fucking retard.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Free lossless audio codec, only sweaty fat nerds who jack off to 12 year olds use it

pete_mate

HSC
Farfour said:
If you seriously use ogg and flac you're a fucking retard.
if you seriously use apple lossless your fuckin retarted.

by using apple lossless you're using a proprietary format that compresses less efficiently than flac, so all your files will be bigger.

so you're fuckin retarted

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nice strawman cocksucker, I didn't say use Apple Lossless instead.

jovelar

HSC
i got an ipod classic (80GB) whatever.. ive had it for almost a year now, and ive droped it 100 times, its been thrown around and it still works fine :p... maybe soon ill have to get a new one but till the day it dies is till the day i use it (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)