New Radiohead - 10th Oct. (1 Viewer)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
my conclusion - YAWN. i seriously miss the guitar work from PABLO HONEY and THE BENDS.. i know if radiohead were to hear my opinion they'd probably be horrified, them being avante-garde and all

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I like the new music from Radiohead, good stuff!

ledzeppelin

HSC
awesome album
reckoner's probably my favourite track thus far
can't wait for my discbox so i can hear the second disc

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Album really borrows from the Eraser .. still pretty solid, but also poppy imo, I used to love the effort those earlier radiohead releases took to appreciate entirely like Kid A

In saying that Nude is an awesome track, was surprised to read most of these tracks had been written over the course of years just here and there, with nude apparently dating back to the 90's

pete_mate

HSC
biomic said:
Album really borrows from the Eraser .. still pretty solid, but also poppy imo, I used to love the effort those earlier radiohead releases took to appreciate entirely like Kid A

In saying that Nude is an awesome track, was surprised to read most of these tracks had been written over the course of years just here and there, with nude apparently dating back to the 90's

Anyone that says they prefer kid a to ok computer/bends is lying. Radiohead's strengths have always been with guitar, just look at track 9.

And the live versions of Arpeggi BEFORE they took the fucking guitar out of the end climax on the retail release.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
pete_mate said:
Anyone that says they prefer kid a to ok computer/bends is lying. Radiohead's strengths have always been with guitar, just look at track 9.

And the live versions of Arpeggi BEFORE they took the fucking guitar out of the end climax on the retail release.
Yeah Radiohead are strong in their guitarwork, but when they come out with concept albums like Kid A I cant really consider it alongside the Bends .. the Bends was a nice collection of guitar singles, Kid A was a conceptual piece of art. When it comes to ease of listening I can throw on most OK tracks and appreciate how good an album it is but I stand by the fact deconstrcuting an album like Kid A over several listens is an extremely rewarding experience. Loved alot of Amnesiac aswell, it depends what you're after.

Last edited:

bassguy

HSC
Amnesiac > Kid A in my opinion
In Rainbows was rather underwhelming on first listen, but it's growing on me.

Amsterdam Angus

HSC
1. Ok Computer
2. Kid A
3. Amnesiac
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail To The Theif
6. The Bends
7. Poor Pablo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)