New Rankings. (1 Viewer)

Vall

HSC
View attachment 36634

This made me laugh today, and not only because how they calculated the ranks.
Top 10-11 for all to see for those who cannot bypass the paywall):

View attachment 36633
This is the one using year 9 NAPLAN right? And the article is written as if these rankings are gonna be 99.95% accurate.
these predictions also do my school so dirty (made our rank literal 3 times lower)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
This is the one using year 9 NAPLAN right? And the article is written as if these rankings are gonna be 99.95% accurate.
these predictions also do my school so dirty (made our rank literal 3 times lower)
my friend and i were talking about this a few days ago, they made my school like twice as much that lower like why do they hate my school that much </3

Vall

HSC
this is the daily telegraph so i don't believe it at all, but i am praying one day for ruse's downfall. one day... someday...
Fax about the telegraph.
Ruse is kinda unbeatable tho with its feedback loop. Is rank 1 —> smart kids (with high selective school marks) go there —> creates an environment of grinding for 99.95 ATARs plus heaps of accelerated subjects —> gets rank 1 —> repeat indefinitely

Vall

HSC
Fax about the telegraph.
Ruse is kinda unbeatable tho with its feedback loop. Is rank 1 —> smart kids (with high selective school marks) go there —> creates an environment of grinding for 99.95 ATARs plus heaps of accelerated subjects —> gets rank 1 —> repeat indefinitely
If you really wanted to see ruse go down tho…
Set up your own school with a very small cohort (as small as it can be to still get a ranking). Get a bunch of smart students to enroll (by giving them scholarships). Force the students to drop any subjects that it seems unlikely for them to get a band 6 in. Easy 100% band 6 rate and easy rank 1 school.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Set up your own school with a very small cohort (as small as it can be to still get a ranking). Get a bunch of smart students to enroll (by giving them scholarships). Force the students to drop any subjects that it seems unlikely for them to get a band 6 in. Easy 100% band 6 rate and easy rank 1 school.
i will set up my own school. i will be the only student and just get full marks for everything 🤪

Fax about the telegraph.
true, however the chances of ruse downfall may be low but never zero 🙏🙏🙏

saltshaker

HSC
basically con high, didnt they rank 2 in2019 or 2020?

d1zzyohs

HSC
Of course, NAPLAN writing is definitely the most accurate way to predict hsc rankings
The reason they used NAPLAN writing is because they found that the NAPLAN writing section was the highest indicator of performance in the HSC. However, this is incredibly stupid and correlation doesn't = causation.
Honestly though, it makes sense. That's what happens when you make two units of english compulsory. Damn NESA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)