• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

new sydney uni degrees (1 Viewer)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
no im not asking about uai- im seeing if ur a 3rd yr science student who doesnt get the required marks to progress to the honours yr- what do u do then if u want to be a psychologist
Aha, if you were to go to the coordinator for the psych faculty honours. you could beg beg BEG for forgiveness and promise you have the potential to do really well and you blame your insufficient marks on poor lecturers.
Where there's a will, there's a way!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
at a guess i'd say they'd be a bit higher than 80, i would have said around 90, especially the arts and sciences one. The main reason being that it offers legal studies subjects and will probably be a popular option for people who want to do law but dont think they can get in. Also, being so broad it will appeal to many people. I dont know though, you can never really tell.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well Im guessing the fact that it wasnt included in the UAI booklet will be small contributor to a lower UAI, that and no one has people to talk to doing the course (but that could work either way). I would hazard at around 85.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Sci/Arts is administered by the faculty of Science, you do the science first then do the arts (You have your science degree after 3 years). Arts/Sci is administered by the Arts faculty, there is no restrictions on the order of units done.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont understand- if i were to do the sci/art course administered by the science faculty can u major in psych and do honours for psychology- or would the double degree get in the way of u preogressing here?

Generator

HSC
N/A
I cannot see why it would stop you from taking an Honours year in Psychology... The BSc,BA (and BA,BSc) are basically degree programmes that remove all 'electives' to that you can complete the combination within a 5 year period. If you do all that is required for a Psychology major within the BSc then you should be considered for an Honours position along with the other Psychology students.

The only issue with the Honours year is when you decide to apply. You can apply at the end of the BSc component of the double (as I did a few weeks ago), or you can wait tilll after you have completed the BSc and the BA.

I hope that that helps.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i wouldnt wait the 5yrs i think

its just confusing cause i only learned that the unsw arts course which u can major in psy will not mean u get APS recognition

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
There's a new course called B Music Studies/B Surgery/B Medicine for 2007.

Total of 6 years.

Crazy much?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
There's a new course called B Music Studies/B Surgery/B Medicine for 2007.

Total of 6 years.

Crazy much?
I can just imagine how horrendous that would be to get into, get a 99.95 UAI, pwn the UMAT, pwn the medical interview AND pwn the music audition. The effort to get in would have killed me.:/

Hrmm, interestingly USYD has released a whole bunch of new courses:

BA (Digital Technology & Culture)
BA (Advanced) (Honours)
BA (Psychology)
BSocio-Legal Studies
BGlobal Studies
BA (Advanced) (Honours).MBBS
BEng (Electrical Engineering) (Power)
BHealth Sci.MClinical Vision Sci
BHealth Sci.MHealth Info Mgmt
BHealth Sci.MRehab Counselling

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
they're offering the combined music and med because some study proved that musicianship has a positive relation with medical skill. dont ask me where they got that from, but thats why they're offering it.

those lidcombe courses with combined masters on hecs look pretty good if you're into that stuff. its also about time they changed the arts advanced program to an honours degree because in the old arts advanced, all you got was an arts degree with a redonkulously high uai cut-off.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
wait if you get a uai of 99.95/100 it doesn't really matter what umat score you have does it? (as long as you PASS)

because at unsw if you score a uai of 100 you're given interview (its a guideline but its on their website) as long as you score 150 in umat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)